Complaint Review: A R C American Reading Club

• Submitted: Fri, September 16, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 16, 2005

• Reported By:greeneville Tennessee
A R C American Reading Club
5175 Performance Dr Cummings, Georgia U.S.A.

A R C American Reading Club ripoff, Dishonest, Liars, Ignorant, Theives, scam artists DO NOT FALL FOR THIS Cummings Georgia

My elderly mother received a card in the mail from Karen Hightower.The note said they had been trying to reach her and she needed to call. She called the number and spoke to someone who told her she was entered into a sweepstakes. They talked about ordering magazines which she did not want.

They would not take no for an answer, so she did order. Two months in a row they deducted 59.00 out of her checking account. There were also two other charges from other companys taking 9.99 each out of her account. when she started bouncing checks from this and went to the bank I got involved.

I called A R C and the person who answered the phone would not give me no info about the company said I had to take to my mothers account rep named LISA (would not give me last name). when I told her what went on with this transaction and we wanted to cancel she told me there was no policy to cancel my mother is responsable for this money mind you a total of 472.00 and they would take her to court and sue her.

I ask her if they ask people if they are on low incomes like my mother is and she told me YES. I ask if I could hear the recorded message of this transaction that she told me they had. I told her I would love to hear it as through our convesation about the order she called my mother a liar several times she told me to give her thirty to fourty minutes to find the recording and she would call back.

This was on 09/09/05 I am still waiting on that call back. even called her again voice mail is what I got on 09/10/05 left my number again and still no call back.. if this company is not a complete fraud my mother has gotten nothing for this money but a hard time. If anyone wants to go in for a class action lawsuit my mother is willing to file on behalf of everyone ripped off by these people, please email me. These people need to be Stopped.

greeneville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2005 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-R-C-American-Reading-Club/Cummings-Georgia-30040-9656/A-R-C-American-Reading-Club-ripoff-Dishonest-Liars-Ignorant-Theives-scam-artists-DO-N-157320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A R C American Reading Club