Complaint Review: A Solid Gold DJ

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 09, 2008

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
A Solid Gold DJ
5082 E Hampden Avenue #168 Denver Colorado 80222 Nationwide U.S.A.

A Solid Gold DJ Rude, Spiteful, Angry Denver Colorado

When I first started planning our wedding, I did alot of research. Especially when it came to a DJ. I found nothing but good reviews on yahoo and google. Unfortunetly, I did not see this website prior to now.

I contacted A solid gold dj in March 2008 for my wedding Sept. 26th, 2008. I spoke to Darren which was very helpful and spoke nothing but good things about the company. We felt very comfortable and paid them in full $615. That was April 1st that we paid them. We sent in our songbook at the end of April. We were specific about songs we wanted and ones we did not.

About 2 weeks before our wedding, Becca called to verify our information. We had questions for our DJ, and she told me not to worry that they would be calling at the end of that week to go over details. No one ever called. A few days before our wedding we called and spoke with a few people ( they never would tell us their names). They said not to worry, that the DJ would call us 2 days before the wedding to finalize everything. Again, no one ever called. The day before the wedding, I spent the entire day on the phone to John. He never once told me that our DJ had a family emergency until finally at 4:15pm I told him " tell me the truth. I am 45 minutes away from my rehearsal. I dont have time to deal with this." At that time I was hysterical. He had the nerve to ask me why I was crying. At this point I was angry. He told me not to worry that there would be a DJ there.

The day of the wedding I called John at 8am and he said they were putting the final touches on things. My husband called at 1100am to make sure everything was ok and John with an angry tone told him " I am not discussing this with anyone but Nikki". I couldnt beleive it. This was the groom he was talking to. To get to the point, the DJ was suppose to set up by 5pm for the cocktail hour at 6pm. The DJ did not even arrive until 6:20pm. He did not have our first dance or father/daughter dance. It was very upseting. The DJ ended up being fantastic because he was from ABC DJ not a solid gold.

Please, please, please, please do not go with this company. They said they would send us a refund, but after reading all these stories I doubt that will ever happen.

Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Solid-Gold-DJ/nationwide/A-Solid-Gold-DJ-Rude-Spiteful-Angry-Denver-Colorado-379917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Solid Gold DJ