Complaint Review: A Star Travel

• Submitted: Sat, July 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2007

• Reported By:Ingle Farm South Australia Other
A Star Travel
12421 NTH Florida Ave Suite C- 220 Tampa FL 33612, Florida U.S.A.

A Star Travel They tried to rip me off, lucky there was no money in my Bank Tampa Florida

We where woken at 0.700AM telling us we won this wonderful trip to florida, Dysney land, Las Vegas, Cape kennedy, ( we might even see a lift off )Universal studio's, The Everglades, and a luxery cruise to the Bahamas', Is this not a wonderfull way to get a wake up call we were asked, they than quoted our Visa number, which I thought was very odd, but we where so excited to win something like this at our age, ( 72&77 )just put $998 US dollars on your card and we will send you the tickets, Why do we have to pay for something we won? Promotional, they said, can you do it today> well we said no,

I called today and was told, thatwe did not only have to pay $998 US, but we also had to pay our own way to Florida, because it was Traveling dollars we won.
Please warn people not tofall for this, you have no leg to stand on.

SA Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2007 01:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Star-Travel/Suite-C-220-Tampa-FL-33612-Florida-33612/A-Star-Travel-They-tried-to-rip-me-off-lucky-there-was-no-money-in-my-Bank-Tampa-Florida-262250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Star Travel