Complaint Review: A, T, and T

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Dot49 — Davie Florida U.S.A.
A, T, and T
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

A, T, and T misinformation given, not receiving credit in a timely manner Atlanta, Georgia

I have DSL with A, T, and T and was having problems with it for several hours.  I was not able to connect to the internet.  I called about it and was told my modem was defective.  I was told it was covered under a warranty since I had it for under a year and that a new one would be sent to me.  When my next bill came, I was charged for the modem $75, the shipping for it $14.95, and taxes $5.40 for a total of $95.35.  I called about it and was told that there wasn't a warranty and that the charges for were correct.  I was MISINFORMED regarding this.  I was told that I would not be charged for the new modem.  I was then told I could send the modem back and I would be credited back the amount I was charged.  I sent the modem back which was never used because there was nothing wrong with my original modem to begin with. This was the SECOND time I was MISINFORMED.  The modem wasn't defective. It wasn't working because of a network outage which lasted for 4 days.  It has been 13 days since my modem was received by A, T, and T (per tracking information) and I still have not been refunded for it.  That was the THIRD time I was MISINFORMED.  I was told it would be refunded once the modem was received.  I called today regarding this and was told there was nothing showing on my acct regarding this. I was transferred to another Dept and got a busy signal when I was transferred.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-T-and-T/Atlanta-Georgia-/A-T-and-T-misinformation-given-not-receiving-credit-in-a-timely-manner-Atlanta-Georgi-974718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A, T, and T