Complaint Review: A-Team Moving and Storage

• Updated: Fri, December 27, 2013

• Reported By: AllenGuy — Allen Texas
A-Team Moving and Storage
1417 Exchange Dr Richardson, Texas USA

A-Team Moving and Storage Unprofessional, Misleading and Flat out Rude. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY Richardson Texas

Terrible! I first want to start off by saying that everything from the initial booking and move itself went pretty well. The movers were nice, but I should have known something was wrong when they reminded me several times that it was CASH only. In their contract it reads that anything over $500 could be payed by credit card. MISTAKE #1. I was told it should be more than 3 hours since it was a three bedroom townhome and the only thing they were moving was the big stuff. The small stuff was moved the night prior by my fiance and I. It ended up taking 6 + hours. The movers worked hard so I didn't mind the time or money. Here is where it all started going down hill....

As the movers were finishing up unloading the last items, I started helping unwrapping the delicate items that they wrapped with the padded blankets. At this time, they never informed me to allow them to unwrap them. MISTAKE #2. I unwrapped a framed mirror which we purchased a little more than a year ago for about $150. The frame was broken off in several places in which I showed on of the movers immediately. He looked at it and said he would make a note of it and to file and to file insurance claim. Fair enough, things happen and I understood. The main mover then had me quickly sign off the paper work and collected the cash and left, not allowing me time to look over everything else. MISTAKE #3. I should have walked around and checked everything. Duh. I discovered literally 2 minutes later two big scratches on my bedroom dresser. I submitted the cracked mirror frame and scratched dresser with their insurance company (Claims Adjusting Firm). This company is an absolute joke and this is why.

Their calculations on how they determine what your items are worth is based on WEIGHT. The actual calculation is weight x $0.60. So far example, let's say your $499 dresser weighs 100 pounds just for conversation. They allow you to make a claim for $60. Yep, that's right, $60 claim for your $499 dresser. Now let's remember, that's what you can put down on the claim form. So my numbers were roughly the same. Unreal. I submitted the claim, all necessary photos and bill of lading as per the instructions. I waited, heard nothing for about a week. I called and spoke a guy ( i wont say gentlemen) because they would indicate a sense of professionalism. He answered the phone "Hello?" I said hello is this Claims Adjusting Firm? He replied "Yeah" and that's it. I new right then and there that this was going to be a long, drawn out claim process and immediately asked for his name to start documenting things. His name was Jeremy and when I asked about my claim process, he said I was missing paper work and they were waiting on it. Thank god I called because I never received an email or call stating this. I called Cindy at A-Team Moving and she was kind and provided me the signed copy of the moving details from the movers. I forwarded that to the insurance company. Waited two days, then I received an email that "documentation was needed" to complete my claim. I called back, got Jeremy again and he said that they have all the documents. I waited another 10 days, didn't hear anything and called back. This time Jeremy informed me that the review process can take up to 30 days, I waited till the 30th day, no email or phone call, so I called back, got Jeremy again and he said it was still under review. I said its been 30 days and I would have answer by today as per our previous conversation. He said that that is a guideline and they still were reviewing the claim, again with the I don't care attitude. I was done with him. When I asked to speak to a manager because he clearly wasn't trying or going to help me, he said he was the manager. I asked who his supervisor was, and he informed me that he doesn't take phone calls and speak to people. At I told him that I would be documenting all the conversations and events leading up to this point and he replied "go ahead".

Not 30 minutes after I hung up, I received my claim notice. The mirror qualified for a $18 insurance credit and the dresser was denied because it was composed of "soft wood furniture". I went through A-Team's contract and Terms of Use and no where was "soft wood furniture" excluded in covered items. At this point I wasn't going to attempt to talk to the insurance company and called Cindy at A-Team. She agreed that "how would they know that" and "that is covered". She asked me to forward her all the insurance claim forms and she would pass it on to her supervisor. I did and waited to hear back.

Long story, short, She blew me off for about a week and a half then when I got a hold of her, her attitude was short and flat out rude. She said she spoke to the movers and because I unwrapped the mirror, the damaged was caused by me. I asked her if she really was going to go down that road and if that acutally made senes to her. She said I should have informed the movers of the dresser, I told her I couldn't because they left before I could walk through with the movers. She said there was no way to prove they caused the damage and the offer was more than fair and I should be thankful for that.

So to recap, I was offered $58 for my damaged dresser and that was a "Fair" offer. She said I needed to have it notarized. I asked why it needed to be notarized because that was quite an inconveniance. I told her that they didn't require a notarized signature when I signed the intial contract, so why do they need one now on the claim? The answer was obvious, strictly for deterrant purposes and to cause inconvienace. Cindy became very frustrated because I was asking her questions that I knew she could only agree with. She eventually said that's all they were going to do and hung up on me. I followed up with an email to accept the $58 offer and to send the paper work for me to sign for the claim amount and have not heard back. Probably never will either. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Team-Moving-and-Storage/Richardson-Texas-75081/A-Team-Moving-and-Storage-Unprofessional-Misleading-and-Flat-out-Rude-DO-NOT-USE-THIS-C-1111077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A-Team Moving and Storage