Complaint Review: A forever Recovery

• Reported By: Ripped off — West palm beach Florida USA
A forever Recovery
Manistee, Michigan United States of America

A forever Recovery AFR Drug alcohol treatment rehab center Manistee, Michigan

This place is terrible. I was willing to do anything to get clean. Unfortunately my wife whom is not in recovery found this hell hole. The admission guy TONY lied to my wife and I and represented it has 12-step program. Never mentioned Scientology. He knew if he did I would not have come to this place.

I started to get a bad feeling in Detox when the staff was instructed not to talk about BDR or AFR. If you think Scientology is the best thing for recovery why not shout it from the mountain tops? Some clients that had inside knowledge gave me a heads up on what to expect. I tried to keep an open mind since I really did want to get clean. After 4 days of boring a** detox I was driven 3 hours to children of the corn land, Manistee, MI.

The building looks like a old horror movie asylum. The inside is worse. Nasty flies everywhere especially around the dinning area. Hot as Balls the A/C barley worked and the patients were telling me the A/C was broken for two months. I had a sleepless night laying in my own sweat. The next morning I went to group and was promptly handed a L. Ron
Hubbard workbook. Once I tried the first few exercises, "Do Birds Fly"?,"Do Fish Swim"? I Said WTF? Then I could see the group of patients that were three weeks a head of me and they were staring at a wall for two hours. Something about learning discipline. No 12-steps in sight and I  could see no tools that would help in my recovery.

Every patient I talked to felt they were lied to and weren't told it was Scientology. I got the f*** out. It cost me $300 cab to get to Grand Rapids MI. Well worth it, I felt so good leaving that crabby place. I had to laugh the program director Amber said we can do 12-steps for you. Yea right.....I got into a good program called Stepping Stones to Recovery in Jacksonville, Fl. I'm still sober over 90 days and I hit meetings 5 times a week and work with my sponsor.

The whole BDR experience cost me $4000.00 and 5 days of my life, but I'm very grateful for my recovery. The only thing BDR did was make me very grateful for good programs and happy if I stay clean I ill never be in a position for a s*** hole like BDR.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 05:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-forever-Recovery/Manistee-Michigan-/A-forever-Recovery-AFR-Drug-alcohol-treatment-rehab-center-Manistee-Michigan-964801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A forever Recovery