Complaint Review: A1 Auto Sales LLC

• Updated: Wed, May 05, 2010

• Reported By: heins — Honolulu Hawaii USA
A1 Auto Sales LLC
3251 N Nimitz Highway Honolulu, Hawaii United States of America

A1 Auto Sales LLC A-1 Auto Sales LLC. http://www.a1autohawaii.com/ I got deceived by A1 auto Sales. When I called inquiring about the 96 Nissan Sentra they had on Graigs list, They said it's sold out. Found out later, they still had in in the market. Honolulu, Hawaii

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like a typical case of bait and switch tactics...

*Consumer Comment: If you are military

*Author of original report: A1 Auto Sales advertising cheap cars they don't have to lure buyers to come down to their location. But those cheap cars are not even there/sold out but they can still give you a better deal?

Graigs list is a popular place where you can find freebies, cheap stuff on almost everything you need. From cars to house you name it. And that where I found A1 auto Sales with nice commercials and low cost cars. Better yet, this where my story comes in.

A1 is advertising a 96 Nissan Sentra on Graigs list for $1695. So, I called and inquired about that vehicle and I was told it was sold out.

The sales person was so persistent in his approach. He asked how much I could offer and I said, 2 grant. He asked, if I am military and I said yes, and why? He again stated they offer special military rate. So, that made me wanting to find out their location. I asked  him about the rate, and he said he could get a better deal and he will  get a car for me with a better deal. I should come and see him. So, I went that morning and met this salesperson I had the conversation with on the phone. [continued below]....
..... His name is Fernando Luna.

In conclusion I would like to see that this business stop making false advertisement to the general public. The advertisement they posted on graigs list on the 96 Nissan Sentra on April 02, which started everything. I found out later that they are still advertising that  96 Nissan Sentra when they said it's sold out. It was still on Graigs list hawaii until I email them and tell them to stop posting false advertisement in the market. I never see that 96 Nissan Sentra again on market after I email them regarding their false advertisement. I inquired about 96 Nissan on the second of April and the last time it was on the market was the 23th. A1 Auto Sales in hawaii is a business that used their false advertisement to bring people to buy their vehicles with such crafty approach and fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2010 03:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A1-Auto-Sales-LLC/Honolulu-Hawaii-96819/A1-Auto-Sales-LLC-A-1-Auto-Sales-LLC-httpwwwa1autohawaiicom-I-got-deceived-by-A1-599826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A1 Auto Sales LLC

Sounds like a typical case of bait and switch tactics...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Almost every car dealer and retail business does this to one extent or another, but at this level it is approaching fraud. I will post this info which I copied and pasted from [findlaw.com] and you can do with it what you will. I do not know if this is worth getting an attorney or filing a suit over, that is up to you..but maybe it will help others who read about it to know what to watch out for..

Q: What is "auto dealer fraud"?
A:
"Auto dealer fraud" is a term that describes deceptive and unlawful practices used by automobile dealers, at almost any stage of the vehicle purchase process -- from advertising, to negotiation of vehicle pricing and financing terms. Examples of auto dealer fraud include "bait and switch" advertising practices, deceptive inflation of vehicle prices, and failure to disclose information about a vehicle.

Q: How does a "bait and switch" occur?
A:
"Bait and switch" sales tactics are a form of false or deceptive advertising, in which a car dealer lures potential buyers to the dealership by advertising one vehicle at a certain price, then tells the customer that the particular vehicle is no longer available before using aggressive tactics to sell a different, more expensive vehicle (or the advertised vehicle at a price higher than the advertised price).

Q: What kinds of things must used car dealers disclose about a used vehicle that is being offered for sale?
A:
In most states, car dealers must disclose whether a used vehicle has incurred significant damage in an accident, has been designated "salvaged", or has been flood-damaged.

Q: What is a mileage "rollback"?
A:
A form of auto dealer fraud, a "mileage rollback" or "odometer rollback" occurs when the odometer of a used vehicle (which indicates the total miles the vehicle has been driven) is altered (or "rolled back") to display a number that is lower than the vehicle's actual mileage.

Q: How do auto dealer fraud cases differ from Lemon Law cases?
A:
Although both involve motor vehicles, auto dealer fraud cases are very different from Lemon Law cases. In auto dealer fraud cases, improper tactics used by a car dealer during the vehicle sale process are the focus, while lemon law cases arise from problems or defects with the vehicle itself.

Q: Should I contact the dealer if I feel that a car salesman committed fraud when I bought a car?
A:
You may be required to do so. In many states, you (or your attorney) must contact the auto dealer and give them an opportunity to correct the problem to your satisfaction, before taking any legal action for possible auto dealer fraud. This contact should be in writing, and should clearly illustrate both the problem (i.e. the dealer's failure to disclose certain financing charges), and what steps you would like the dealer to take to resolve the problem (i.e. a partial refund of the vehicle purchase price).

Q: Can I file a lawsuit for auto dealer fraud?
A:
In most cases, yes. If you recently purchased a vehicle and you suspect that the dealer may have committed fraud in the sales process, you may want to speak with an experienced Auto Dealer Fraud Attorney. An Auto Dealer Fraud attorney will evaluate all aspects of your case and explain all options available to you -- including filing a lawsuit for your damages -- and will work with you to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. Remember that in some states, you are required to contact the dealer and give them an opportunity to correct the problem before you take any legal action.

If you are military

AUTHOR: Nevaeh59 - (USA)

You should have known better then to sign contracts without reading them, especially if you told them you are military. Some companies are out to get us because they know we would much rather make the problem go away then let it escalade to our leadership.
  Graigs list is a popular place where you can find freebies, cheap stuff on almost everything you need. From cars to house you name it. And that where I found A1 auto Sales with nice commercials and advertisement on cheap cars that are sold out. And yet still put in the market to lure buyers to come down to their location. And that's where you will get deceived.
And, this where my story started . Approximately 0800 in the morning, when I was researching for a cheap car and came across Graigs List.  A1 is advertising a 96 Nissan Sentra  for $1695. So, I called and inquired about that vehicle and I was told it was sold out.     The sales person was so persistent in his approach. He asked how much I could offer and I said, 2 grant. He asked, if I am military and I said yes, and why? Well, they offer special military rate. Because of what he said on military deals I decided continue holding on to his words on the phone. I asked  him about the rate, and he said he could get a better deal and he will  get a car for me with a better deal. I should come and see him. So, I went that morning and met this salesperson I had the conversation with on the phone. His name is Fernando Luna. When I got down to A1 location on North Nimits Highway, I was directed straight to the where a line of old cars sit. He suggested that I choose from among those cars, the one I like to test drive. I then chose a 98 Nissan Sentra for a test drive. I inquired about the price and finance charge but was unable to get an answer from that sales person. He only mentioned that we would find out when we get to the office and did all the paper works. He had a very smart approach, while in the office and started with signing the deal, got into the insurance part and called them. I was busy with the insurance people when He put a stack of papers to sign. I did not understand what those papers were, but he pointed to the lines where I supposed to sign. This is the part I said he was crafty with.  After the insurance conversation, I asked him about the papers that I already sign on, and he went on and explained their As Is Policy but I already signed on the other documents so I reluctantly finished up all the signing. I got deceived real bad on that purchase. No proper safety inspection and registration was made . When requested about the safety check and inspection documents, they don't have it and  told me the safety sticker is still valid, I then told them I understand that the sticker is still good but I need the pink safety copy so I can get a decal for my car. I knew it right away that the 98 Nissan Sentra won't pass the safety inspection due to its front tires and heavy tinted window. I inquired that they took it and get it fixed because that's part of the " As Is" policy. I kept insisting they fix that safety inspection, until they finally did it and get it to a shop for a safety inspection. That same week, the 98 Nissan Sentra I got from A1 is already overheated, I took it back the next day for a trade in but again refused and start with the " As Is " Policy again and not even care to listen to what I said about the problem I had with the car.   They finally agreed to get me a 01 dodge neon. I did not pick it so I asked A1 to replace it with a reliable car because that 01 dodge neon had problems already. But was denied that offer for they said my credit won't qualify me for a better car. I did not have the choice to do my pick on a car I want .    In order to get a trade in with another car, I had to make another deposit of $1000 in cash taken from my bank account. Beside that $1000.00 down payment I had to carry the remaining balance of the 98 Nissan and add it up to the Dodge Neon. What? I still have the 2001 dodge neon with broken signal light, engine lights already lighted, multiple flaws, and missing equipments for the wheels. They told me in the first place , they would fix up the light for me but I still need to pay thousand bucks to get the engine lights off. A1 had their business logo which said " fix it right the first time" So why are they fixing those problems before they had their " As Is" policy on their contract.
  In conclusion I would like to see that this business stop making false advertisement to the general public on cars they don't have. The advertisement they posted on graigs list like the 96 Nissan Sentra on April 02, was sold already according to A1 auto Sales. And yet they are still advertising it. It was still on Graigs list hawaii until I contacted them an tell them to stop posting ads that are not real. A1 Auto Sales in hawaii is a business that use unreal ads to bring buyer to their locations.