Complaint Review: A1 Cash Advance

A1 Cash Advance
Internet USA

A1 Cash Advance Michael Johnson Rip Off - Total Scam Washington Internet

*Consumer Comment: It's called the Advance Fee Loan Scam

Same thing happened to me except I was stupid enough to get a moneypak card and put $280.00 on it which I was guaranteed would get back if I didn't get the loan to my account within the hour.  When it didn't happen they told me they needed another $350.00 which I didn't do and told them to reimburse the $280.00.  Michael Johnson swore to me that it will be back on the moneypak card in 48 hours.  We will see.  I have reported it to numerous scam companies.  I need my $280.00 back as it was the last of my money and I need it.  I live day by day and am barely surviving.

Anyone out there that can help me be sure to get my money back would be greatly appreciated.  I did report the dispute to moneypak as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2014 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A1-Cash-Advance/internet/A1-Cash-Advance-Michael-Johnson-Rip-Off-Total-Scam-Washington-Internet-1143859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A1 Cash Advance

It's called the Advance Fee Loan Scam

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

This scam has been around a long time. It is called the Advance Fee Loan scam. It is designed to continue to collect fees from you until you catch on that there is no loan. Part two of this scam is when you call them back (don't do it) in 48 hrs because your fee wasn't returned, they will ask you for more money to return the fee. Don't send them any more money. They will give you all kinds of reasons why you should get another moneypac card and will "guarantee" its return. But a guarantee means nothing when it is backed by a scammer.

You can read all about this scam and other scams at the FTC(dot)gov website under consumer scams.

Report the loss to the police.

Report it to the FTC and to the attorney general.

I don't think you will see a refund at all because these scammers use fake names and spoof phone numbers. They ask you to send the funds via moneypac type cards because it can't be traced. That money is gone.

For your knowledge, consumers can't be charged a fee in advance for a consumer loan. It isn't legal. So any request for money up front means its a scam.