Complaint Review: A1 Leasing

• Submitted: Tue, September 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 01, 2007

• Reported By:thousand Oaks California
A1 Leasing
2007 Eastern Ave S.E. Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

A1 Leasing - Start Up essentials - USA Card Services scammed me into signing a non cancel agreement Grand Rapids Michigan

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I was SCAMMED too !

*Consumer Suggestion: Class Action

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Laptop?

I was contacted by phone from Start up essecials about a home based business. This would include a top of the line lap top computer with all the working componets to start a home business, think this is just what I was looking for I listen. The person I spoke with was Monica Hazelwood Senior Business Anaylist. After listening to her high pressure sales pitch I was excited that I could help providee extra income to our home. Boy was that wrong!! I received the Acer laptop by FED Express the next morning before 9:00 am the next day and started looking into the program it had nothing that was promissed I contacted Start Up Essentials and asked to speak to Monica and was told no such person works here and they were unable to help me. I knew that I was riped off and started checking into the Better Business Bureau they had quite a record wish that I would have gone with my gut feeling about this company to good to be true. I am now fighting with there collection agency the costs have escaladed to 13,222. I am in the process of hiring an attorney.

Eileen
Thousand Oaks, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2007 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A1-Leasing/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49507/A1-Leasing-Start-Up-essentials-USA-Card-Services-scammed-me-into-signing-a-non-cancel-272318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A1 Leasing

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I was SCAMMED too !

AUTHOR: Melody - (U.S.A.)

Let me know what you are doing. I too was scammed by this company and they sent a collection agency after me that is ruining my credit. They didn't keep any of their promises and never answered my email or would call me back when I left a message with the man that high pressured me into this mess. I have lost so much money with this company.
If I can help you let me know, and if there is anything that you can tell me to help me please let me know.
Please contact me (((ROR removed for security purposes)))
Thanks,

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Class Action

AUTHOR: Sharri - (U.S.A.)

I conducted a web search for class action on these companies A-1 leasing, and found this attorney Jeff at Lakeshore Law Center, lawyers in Mission Viejo, CA, California .

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Laptop?

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Hello. I used to work for the company for about 7 months. It was terrible there, they changed that pay range on us, thats how we were paid, by the number of transfers we did in a day, or good credit people, and had some cheezy dinner once a moth for the top reps.

To answer you report, your in a non cancelable lease, and you are told and called on three seperate occations by the phone rep, a compliance officer, and by the leasing company that you cannot cancel the lease, there is no buyer's remorse. You cannot cancel it, and since it is a lease, its a $5K mark against your credit if you skip payments on it.

I am also puzzled about what you said about your laptop, that it did not have what you were promised. I know who Minica Hazelwood was, I worked with her.

The only thing I can suggest is follow through with starting your business and do "The Journey" educational program, there is good points in there, and good partners to help you start up. Good luck.