Complaint Review: A1 SMOG & REPAIR

• Submitted: Fri, June 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 13, 2008

• Reported By:redding California
A1 SMOG & REPAIR
512 N. MARKET ST. REDDING, California U.S.A.

A1 SMOG & REPAIR MARKET ST.A1 SMOG & REPAIR SCAM.. REDDING CA California

Would not recommend. I took my 2003 toyota there last year for its first smog and they failed me. gave me a $1800 bill in repairs. i took it by my regular mechanic to get a second opinion and he told me theres no way it would fail go somewhere else. so i took it to jts smog passed with flying colors. Recently i had to take my 2000 mitsubishi there do to my schedule i needed the early bird appointment that only a1 provides.. well it would have been to my benifit to take the whole day off and save some money. They failed me told me itd be 1100 to get it to pass. Told me to take my car home and he'll see if theres anything else he can do. I called him daily for a week and no returns. I laughed and took it back to my mechanic.. again the same thing take it somewhere else! He let me know he gets several people from a1 in there and nothings wrong. So i had to waste yet anohter 40 bucks to re smog it. Passed fine. I talked to a friend about what had been going on and she told me same thing happen to her there! seems there runnin a pretty good scam there! Wont go back if they were the only smog place left in town! not to mention the staff there are royal bitches! care little about there customers or jobs. just horrible experience.

Diamonds15
redding, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A1-SMOG-REPAIR/REDDING-California-96022/A1-SMOG-REPAIR-MARKET-STA1-SMOG-REPAIR-SCAM-REDDING-CA-California-339984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A1 SMOG & REPAIR