Complaint Review: A2Zoffsite

• Reported By: Ace Pet Vet — San Bruno California
A2Zoffsite
Internet USA

A2Zoffsite A2Zoffsite business fraud Internet

In February we received billing from a company, A2Z off site, who claimed that an employee had contracted with them to provide us with off-site data storage.  We have no need for this as we have an external hard drive back-up system.  The bill was addressed to my Business's name and had an employee's name under it.  I asked him if he knew anything about this, and he said he knew nothing of this.  We decided this was likely a scam and didn't pay.  We received more billings and finally phone calls from a lady with an English accent.  She claimed that my employee did indeed contract for services costing $59.95/month.  She sure sounded convincing - what an actress!! Again we ignored her.

Two days ago we were called by someone purporting to be a collections service that A2Z had hired. They  threatened to take us to small claims court in California for a year's service due, over $500.  "Emily Hall" of Tucker and Alvin Associates stated that my employee could avoid legal action by paying $150 immediately.  When I asked for proof that a contract had been entered into, she said that it was all done over the internet, and so there was no proof.  When I asked for the payment type that had been entered into to create the contract, she said she didn't need to provide me with this information.  When I asked what files were stored in this off-site storage, since my business didn't need such a service, she couldn't tell me.

I have had scammers before -i.e. bills that look like Yellow Pages bills but aren't - but this Rip-off company is more threatening and aggressive, and even makes you doubt that it's a scam.

I would suggest if you receive bills, don't pay it and don't engage in phone calls with these folks.

The collection company had an area code in Texas.  Small claims court pursuit is only valid for the state you are in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2013 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A2Zoffsite/internet/A2Zoffsite-A2Zoffsite-business-fraud-Internet-1049369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A2Zoffsite