Complaint Review: AA Car Insurance

• Reported By: Tom — Cheshire Nationwide United Kingdom
AA Car Insurance
www.theaa.com Internet United States of America

AA Car Insurance Cancelled my policy without notice Internet

Got pulled by Police 2 nights ago, car showing No Insurance. I provided my docs being as out of hours they unable to confirm my insurance. Luckily, they did not recover my car (Costing 170 + VAT) They gave me a producer, fine. Got home and called the insurance who told me that I'd had no insurance for 3 weeks due a single failed direct debit.

I asked them where my notification was, they said that they had sent 3 letters by post including a recorded delivery, which we not had or signed for. As my policy had now been cancelled I could not re-instate it. Though, I could start a new policy off, (thus losing 10 months of my no claims bonus) at an additional cost to my policy of 500 all of which was now exempt from monthly payments and would have to pay the whole years policy in cash.

Then of course, there is the Police. I now have to attend our Police Station and inform her that I wasn't insured after all, they will report it to CPS and they will more than likely prosecute me. Then go to Court and get 150-200 fine + 6 points, which will inevitably increase any further policies for the next 5 years.

Speculating having 9 points will cost about 150-200 in addition to my policy costs. All for the sake of a recorded letter (1 max) or a phone call 0.25. Surely, they have acted negligently by failing to notify me of my situation. In the course of 3 weeks I could have had a serious accident and hurt somebody (our children obviously) to find out when making a claim and passing insurance details that transpired had been cancelled. What then?! Thankfully this has not happened and I count my lucky stars in that respect. But do i have any rights in this matter

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AA-Car-Insurance/internet/AA-Car-Insurance-Cancelled-my-policy-without-notice-Internet-958690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AA Car Insurance