Complaint Review: AA REBUILT INC

• Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Herbert — Amarillo Texas USA
AA REBUILT INC
3817 S. GARFIELD GARY, Indiana United States of America

AA REBUILT INC Sold me a Non- running motor, with a damage or mis- installe exhaust valve on the #1 cyliner. Was not discovered until already installe in motorhome. I returne the core to the company and never receiv GARY Indiana

I purchased a rebuilt long block 454 Chevrolete engine for my motor home from AA Rebuilt Inc. on or about 05-01-2009. I recieved the engine 06-23-2009. The total cost of the engine was $2,380.00 plus $265.00 and a core charge deposit of $950.00. I sent the old engine core back to the company for a core refund of  $950.00 on 06-23-2009 the same day I recieved the new engine.

Additionally, the rebuilt motor has numerous operational issues, including, without limitation, what appears to be a damaged or mis- installed exhaust valve on the #1 cylinder, making the engine completely unusable. Unfortunately, this was discovered after the engine had already been installed in the motor home and it will cost an additional $1500.00 to pull the motor. I have also spent $80.00 for an oil pump and intake manifold gasket that had to be replaced. On top of that it is going to cost another $1013.00 for the mechanic to work on my motorhome.

After hiring an attorney which cost $750.00 a certified letter was sent to AA rebuilt Inc. They refused the letter and did not accept nor sign for it. I am no longer attorney represented. The total damages come to a total of $6938.00 which I am requesting to be repaid. I have lost time and lots of money do to this. I am now struggling to come up with this extra money to pay for a broken motor to be fixed. Let it be known that this is causing my wife and I to have financial struggles finding extra money to pay for this motor to be fixed. I have made a total of 35 phone calls to AA Rebuilt Inc. several of them were to Dean and he stated that he was an outside sales person and had nothing to do with it. Dean gave me several different numbers to call and when I was finally able to get a hold of someone they laughed at me and stated it was my problem now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AA-REBUILT-INC/GARY-Indiana-46408/AA-REBUILT-INC-Sold-me-a-Non-running-motor-with-a-damage-or-mis-installe-exhaust-valve-604701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AA REBUILT INC