Complaint Review: AAA Air Duct

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Justin — Morristown New Jersey United States of America
AAA Air Duct
3205 JUNIPER CT Mays Landing, New Jersey United States of America

AAA Air Duct AAA Absolute Clean Air Inc. Dryer Vent Fire Hazard Mays Landing, New Jersey

AAA Air Duct cleaned my dryer vent and afterward I noticed my dryer was taking outrageously long to dry my clothes.  I called them and informed them of this and they told me they would get around to it when they had the time.  I had to call another company to come out and take a look and when they looked behind the dryer they called me over to look.  AAA Air Duct had pinched the exhaust pipe which runs from the dryer to the main vent pipe shut and broke it.  They explained to me that this posed a serious fire hazard and I should fix it immediately.  I had to go to Lowes and purchase a new exhaust pipe and repair it myself.  When I contacted AAA and informed them of this and that I wanted a refund they said to me "can you prove it".  Of course I didn't have before and after picture of the pipe.....

I do have picture of the after though as well as additional lint which they didn't remove from the pipe.  I have contacted the BBB and luckily my father is a lawyer and will be proceeding with bringing them to small claims court.

They could have killed someone!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Air-Duct/Mays-Landing-New-Jersey-07960/AAA-Air-Duct-AAA-Absolute-Clean-Air-Inc-Dryer-Vent-Fire-Hazard-Mays-Landing-New-Jersey-981797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Air Duct