Complaint Review: AAA Auto Advantage Inc

• Submitted: Thu, May 30, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, January 10, 2004

• Reported By:San Diego CA
AAA Auto Advantage Inc
8920 S. Hardy Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

AAA Auto Advantage Inc unreliable Tempe Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This company lies through their teeth. ..book with an actual trucking company that refuses to broker

I required the transport of my car from Massachusettes to California. I dropped off the car about the morning before I was planning on leaving so that it could start its voyage across the country before me. The car was supposed to leave MA on the 21st and arrive about a week later (give or take).

I called the office when I reached Texas on the 26th and was told it had just left MA, but I was assured that it would be in CA still in about a week. My biggest concern was that I had a job I needed to drive to on the 12th of the next month. I spoke to them basically everyday from the 1st of the month on and was assured everytime that my car was in AZ and it would be there in a couple of days.

Well, I didn't get my car until around the 15th. I ended up having to spend over $100 out of my pocket to take the train and cabs to my job. I was told that I could write a letter to be reimbursed for the extra costs. I did this and after several e-mails and phone calls, they still refused to pay me for the costs I accrued due to their messed up timeframes. I plan on moving back East next year and I definitely will not use them again.

GM
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2002 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Auto-Advantage-Inc/Tempe-Arizona/AAA-Auto-Advantage-Inc-unreliable-Tempe-Arizona-21842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Auto Advantage Inc

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Jeanne - (U.S.A.)

The poster wrote: (I ended up having to spend over $100 out of my pocket to take the train and cabs to my job. I was told that I could write a letter to be reimbursed for the extra costs.)

This company lies through their teeth. They do not even pay their past bills to companies that have hauled cars for them, I am pretty sure they won't be paying you.

AAAAdvatage does own a few trucks but basically they broker the work out to other companies. Just this past week, we got a fax from them stating that they had TONS of cars to be moved. probably because most companies will no longer move for them due to unpaid bills.

Beware of this company and book with an actual trucking company that refuses to broker work out to others.