Complaint Review: AAA Auto Insurance

• Updated: Mon, April 09, 2012

• Reported By: Ron — Los Angeles California United States of America
AAA Auto Insurance
Los Angeles, California United States of America

AAA Auto Insurance Ripped Me on Total Loss Vehicle Claim Los Angeles, California

*Author of original report: Comments by the AAA Auto Insurance Adjuster

What AAA Auto Insurance did to me brings a whole new meaning to the term "Ripoff!"  I was in a car accident which was deemed 100% not my fault, which was also included in the police report.  After my car sat in the shop for 3 weeks accruing $60/day storage fees, AAA decided my car was a total loss but only paid the repair cost of $7500 by way of a check to my finance company.  I still owed $10,500 on the loan and now was forced to keep a car that was entirely worthless to me.

Because of the way they handled it my GAP coverage did not pay the remainder, plus now I was also stuck with body shop storage fees of $1260.  In the end I had a worthless/totaled car, an outstanding loan balance of $3000 and a second lien the body shop put on the car because of the $1260.

AAA stated they were not required to do a payoff which is absolutely insane!  I was 100% not at fault and have no car and a remaining loan balance of $3000 since the GAP coverage got denied.  I cannot imagine how this can possibly be legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Auto-Insurance/Los-Angeles-California-/AAA-Auto-Insurance-Ripped-Me-on-Total-Loss-Vehicle-Claim-Los-Angeles-California-865779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Auto Insurance

Comments by the AAA Auto Insurance Adjuster

AUTHOR: Ron - (United States of America)

When I argued with the AAA Insurance adjuster that the way they were handling the claim could not possibly be legal - or at least somewhat ethical - he stated that my comp/collision should cover the remaining balance of the loan.  I then asked him if the situation was reversed and their driver was in the exact same position, would AAA's comp/collision voluntarily pay the $3,000 shortage out of the goodness of their hearts...he laughed!

This story is so horrendous that whenever I explain the situation I literally do not know where to begin!  If that's not bad enough, I suffered some residual back/neck pain from the accident and now with no vehicle and damaged credit due to my inability to pay off a car loan with no car and a subsequent 2nd lien from the body shop, travel to & from the dr's office was simply too much to handle!

Thank you AAA Auto Insurance...I intend to share this story with everyone I possibly can and trust in my heart that what comes around goes around...