Complaint Review: AAA & B Test Only Center

• Updated: Thu, July 28, 2011

• Reported By: Rick — Seal Beach California United States of America
AAA & B Test Only Center
13980 Seal Beach Blvd. Unit 100 Seal Beach, California United States of America

AAA & B Test Only Center Ripping off the old People at Leisure World, Seal Beach Seal Beach, California

On Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 I went out to get a smog inspection of my car.  I initially went to a trusted mechanic who then gave me a 5 dollar off coupon for a inspection station about 4 miles away.  I went there and was treated rudely when I asked how long it would take to get the inspection.  I went down the road to the next inspection station and inquired how much it would cost for the inspection and was told it was $50.00.  I felt that was a bit high, so I went home to do a little checking on the internet.  I googled cheap smog inspection, Seal Beach, and was drawn to Smogstip.com's entry indicating smog inspections as low as $19.95.  I then was given the opportunity to enter my zip code which I did and was then drawn to AAA & B Test only smog station as they had a $20.00 off coupon to print out which I did.  I arrived at the center and was greeted promptly by an employee and he as  handed my a sheet to fill out  and took my coupon.  I figured even if their prices were a bit higher than the $50.00 the other place charged, it would still be a pretty good price I thought.  After the test, I was directed to the front office to pay and get my documents, and then I was presented with a test price of $78.00.  I hit the roof and then they reluctantly took off the $20.00 coupon.  I know there are a lot of residents who live a couple of minutes away at Leisure World, and most of whom are a lot older than my 68 years, who will not bother to print out a coupon for this service.  I have seen smog stations all over southern California who charge around $40.00 for this test but never saw a price as high as this place.  I beleive they are a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2011 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-B-Test-Only-Center/Seal-Beach-California-90740/AAA-B-Test-Only-Center-Ripping-off-the-old-People-at-Leisure-World-Seal-Beach-Seal-Bea-757446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA & B Test Only Center