• Report: #220496

• Submitted: Tue, November 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 14, 2006

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
AAA Countrywide Van Lines - Countrywide Van Lines
155 51st Street Brooklyn New York 11232 South Amboy, New Jersey U.S.A.

AAA Countrywide Van Lines charged deposit, agreed to reimburse 100% if cancel, Canceled move, Countrywide charged and shipped boxes ripoff South Amboy New Jersey

7/21/06, contacted countrywide Van Lines (Stacy) for estimate to move in-law from AL to NC (for 8/20/06);
On several occassions during estimate, she offered to 'work with us'; put me on hold to discuss situation wtih her supervisor for his approval (Greg).

After Stacy assured 100% reimbursement of deposit for estimate, I agreed to $500 deposit.

Discussed the experience with my husband, he did not want to deal with this company, and the schedule for his parent's move needed to be changed.

I called 20 hours later to cancel, reminding Stacy that she had guaranteed 100% reimbursement if we needed to cancel.

Stacy went to Greg, who told me we could not cancel, the truck had already left. Greg was belligerent and insisted on speaking to my husband instead -- to talk him into it.

(I knew it could not take 4 weeks to get a truck to AL from New Jersey).

Three days later, 10 AAA Countrywide Van lines boxes arrived at parent's home in AL.

My calls to Country Wide Van lines were put on hold then disconnected. I did inform them we would not be working with them.

I contacted the credit card company about the procedure to dispute the charge on the credit card. ($500 on July/August bill)

Contacted Countrywide Van lines to discuss the matter of reimbursement /canceling the charge.

On August 15th, customer service staff from CountryWide called to let me know they would cancel the charge 'next month' Sept 1.

I asked about the boxes that were shipped, I was told I would have to pay shipping to return the boxes, even though they were shipped without my knowledge or agreement.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, customer service agreed to have a supervisor call back.

I left several messages. No one called back.
Parent was moved by another moving company.

September credit card bill showed $200 charge.
Would like entire deposit reimbursed.
I am working with credit card company on this dispute.

Jb
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2006 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Countrywide-Van-Lines-Countrywide-Van-Lines/South-Amboy-New-Jersey/AAA-Countrywide-Van-Lines-charged-deposit-agreed-to-reimburse-100-if-cancel-Canceled-mo-220496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Countrywide Van Lines - Countrywide Van Lines

Fellowship