Complaint Review: AAA and B Test Only Center

• Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Seal Beach California United States of America
AAA and B Test Only Center
13980 Seal Beach Blvd. Seal Beach, California United States of America

AAA and B Test Only Center Leisure World Union 76 DO NOT GET SMOG OR ANY OTHER SERVICES FROM HERE!! Seal Beach, California

I am complaining about three issues.  One, I called and was quoted a different price then I was charged.  Two, there was no sign posted stating the "supposed" price.  Three, I was not given a copy of my certificate.

My vehicle needed to be smogged and found a $20 coupon online for AAA and B.  On Saturday 11/10 I called to check the price and the time they were open till.  I was told $49.95 (plus certificate) but they would be closing shortly.  I finally came in on Friday 11/16 because that was the next time I had available.

I dropped the vehicle off and the service tech said it would be about 30 minutes.  I walked to the store and returned when finished.  The tech told me the cashier had the paperwork and closed up as I was the last vehicle.  When I went to pay the cashier said it was going to be $58.20.  I asked if he discounted for the coupon and he said yes.  He said the original price is $69.95+cert.  I told him the person I spoke to days earlier quoted a different price.  We went back and forth to no avail and with several people behind me I paid and left.

As I drove off I realized I did not get my copy of thecertificate.  When I got home I called but the station was closed.  I went back today, 11/19, and spoke to the tech and he just gave excuses as to why he could not give a copy at this point.  Luckily, I did pass and was able to get my tags but by law they are suppose to give me a copy.  I also looked around and saw no sign in plain view stating price which is a violation.

Although, I would like my $20 returned for being misquoted (I would not have gone there had I been told the $69 price as most others in the area are well below that) I am more concerned with them not properly following stated laws.  Even more so, they are located in an area with a large amount of seniors and I hope they are not being taken advantage of.   I filed a complaint with BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) so hopefully something more comes of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-and-B-Test-Only-Center/Seal-Beach-California-90740/AAA-and-B-Test-Only-Center-Leisure-World-Union-76-DO-NOT-GET-SMOG-OR-ANY-OTHER-SERVICES-F-971606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA and B Test Only Center