Complaint Review: AAA

• Submitted: Fri, January 12, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 05, 2012

• Reported By:Holland Ohio
AAA
Various Locations Toledo, Ohio U.S.A.

AAA Car Care Don't let them steal your business Toledo Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: buyer be aware

*Author of original report: Marc -- No I was not bullied

*Consumer Comment: Thomas, were you bullied to do that?

AAA automotive repair is offering their tow truck drivers through AAA roadside service $5.00 per car to get you to let them take your car to their service centers. You have the right to have the car taken anywhere you want and they have to take it there for you. Do not let them bully you or mislead you into believing that they have to be the ones to fix your problem.

Thomas
Holland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2007 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA/Toledo-Ohio/AAA-Car-Care-Dont-let-them-steal-your-business-Toledo-Ohio-230253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

buyer be aware

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

As a former employee I can tell you to watch out! The call center will offer you a $25.00 discount on your repair bill. Which is chicken feed compared to your actull bill! AAA Car Care 's labor rate is between $90 to $ 95 per hour. You do not have to go to a AAA Care Care center to have your car worked on, just because you have a AAA membership. Find a reputable independent garage!

Marc -- No I was not bullied

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

I work for the competition and I recieved this information from a AAA tow truck driver. I feel that a customer should be able to choose where it goes without being bullied. I know this is happening in my area based on what this driver told me and what several of my regular customers have told me who use AAA for their towing and roadside assistance. I don't if this happens elsewhere with AAA.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

I will always ask a customer if he has his own mechanic or does he want me to take it to a place I deal with. I do this for a number of reasons. When you're in the towing business you find out who is reliable and who isn't. Notice, I didn't say "cheapest." If you tell me to take it to some guy that I know is a clown or a cheat, I may tactfully try to dissuade you but I won't push. A lot of people don't know what they are going to do so they have me bring their car to their home. I'll recommend a shop so they won't have to call for a second tow. I guess you would consider that a rip-off attempt.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC