Complaint Review: AAC - Asset Acceptance

• Updated: Thu, May 13, 2010

• Reported By: Tina — Canton Michigan United States of America
AAC - Asset Acceptance
28405 Van Dyke Warren, Michigan United States of America

AAC - Asset Acceptance Thomas D. Hocking This collection Agency is attempting to collect a debt for MICHON aka DTE Energy. I have settle my debt with the original creditor DTE Energy. I have utilities in my name and have had them for sever Warren, Michigan

Thamas D. Hockings filed a suit on the behalf of MICHON for a debt he purchased as a debt collector.  I decided to make payments to the court to settled debt with MICHON  aka DTE ENERGY.  However, I decided to make payments to the court, I realized that this was  collection agency.  At the time Thomas D. Hockings was DBA as CITY FINANCIAL CORP now aka ASSET ACCEPTANCE. I refused to pay collection agencies, they are not the original creditors and the harassments and the abuse I will not tolerate.  I have had utitilities restored and have an active account with DTE Energy previously known as MICHON and Detroit Edison for several years.  Thomas D. Hockings had filed a garnishment for my 2009 Michigan State Taxes in attempt to obtain funds from me.  I would like him to be stopped. I checked the State Michigan Bar Association indicating that he is in good standing. My question is how is that when you choose to be established as Collection Agency your intergrity and moral ethics are degraded.  Please help me stop him as well as others that are out here who are running and our legally getting away with scamming consumers because they decided to buy a debt. I will not paid for debt a collection agency decided to buy. Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2010 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAC-Asset-Acceptance/Warren-Michigan-48093/AAC-Asset-Acceptance-Thomas-D-Hocking-This-collection-Agency-is-attempting-to-collect-602895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAC - Asset Acceptance