Complaint Review: AAC

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2002

• Reported By:Paw Paw MI
AAC
P.O. Box 790001 Sunrise, Missouri U.S.A.

24 Hour Fitness dishonest ripoff scam Sunrise Missouri

In 07/2002 I went with my sister to 24 Hour Fitness in Kalamazoo MI. It seemed like a really good idea to sign up, so we did. The money was to come from my account. I was pregnant and needed the excercise, Plus, we like to go in the evening, when we are most awake and there are fewer people there.

After I had my daughter in August, I couldn't find the time to go anymore, I had school and my sister had started working 3rd shift and we just couldn't do it. So I called the gym and they told me that my contract was through AAC and they couldn't do anything about it. I called AAC and they told me that my contract couldn't be cancled (that was a new one to me because I was told it could be) So I went to the gym, hoping the manager would plead with me and know that I couldn't do it anymore and then cancle my membership, because I had been paying for 3 months withought even going. The manager told me he couldn't play favorites.

After AAC cleaned out my bank account I had to go put a revoke autherazation on my account. The manager told me that I could pay monthly, which I haven't done because I don't go up to Kalamazoo anymore because I don't have the time. I am also moving in Jan. 2003 to Colorado and asked if the membership could be premenantly cancled when I move, I was told that it could if there wasn't a gym within 20 miles that accepted my "full membership".

I think this is crap because I started to go because I liked that it was open at night and I could go when I didn't have to share the pool, or equipment with anyone else, I don't want to go to a different gym, I don't even want to go to this one. But I was told that I could have cancled it with is 48 hours of me starting the membership. Hahaha. Thats a good one.

Melissa
Paw Paw, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2002 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAC/Sunrise-Missouri-65079-9001/24-Hour-Fitness-dishonest-ripoff-scam-Sunrise-Missouri-35727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAC