Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: Sharon — Webster Texas
AAMCO
18420 Texas 3 Webster, Texas USA

AAMCO Replaced transmission without my persission - holding car for payment Webster Texas

My truck broke down on highway and I suspected a transmission issue.  Called AAMCO because they have "free inspection and free towing if repaired at their facility"  Road with tow driver and when I got to the facility I told Zack the manager I did not want to take the truck off the tow untitl I knew there was financing for the repair.  Xack said "no worries" we have companies that will finance you.  I said I have financial issues because of husband's job loss and medical problems, I am the only person working.  He said I have never seen anyone turned down.

Zack called in the afternoon said you are approved for credit can we drp the transmission and I approved them to do so he stated the proce was $900.00 but included in the repair total.  He called back next day said the transmission was completly shot and the price to fix it was $3500.00.  Several payday and high interest title loan companies were given to us by AAMCO.  They did not have financing as stated by Zack.  Granted I should have checked further but I have never been ripped off in this manner.  Did not see it coming.

After all finance avenues were exhausted husband called said tow it back to my home we can't afford to have it fixed.  The manager saidno we want to work with you - see what you can do the parts won't be here until next Thursday.  My husband called the Wednesday before to say don't fix the truck and was told the truck had already been repaired.  We did not gove approval and the owner was aware we did not have the funds.  The total repair was $3,500. that is a ripoff in just that aside from holding mytruck for repairs we did not approved.  Beware of this company liars and theives that take advantage of senior citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-/Webster-Texas-77598/AAMCO-Replaced-transmission-without-my-persission-holding-car-for-payment-Webster-Tex-1055077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO