Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: Tylisha — Phoenix Arizona
AAMCO
322 W Van Buren phoenix, Arizona USA

Andrew for AAMCO They still haven't fixed my car. 20 days and no resolution!! phoenix Arizona

3-25-14 Took Car to AAMCO for check engine light with code P0765 p0700 3-26-14 Went down to AMMCO Spoke with Andrew to give auth to work on car. Was told car in limp mode needs soft rebuild and should only cost me 1929. Set up financing for 1500 to get the work started. 3-27-14 Was told the trans will be broken down price may go up if any hardware issues but since the car was moving did not for see price going up. 3-28-14 Was told once the receive the correct torque converter that the car should be ready by Monday or Tuesday 3-31-14 Price jumped up to 2800 then told me he would knock it down to 2570.30.

Still waiting on the part to be rebuilt they sent the wrong part over to him. Had to complete a second financing for 800 4-1-14 Still trying to get a hold of someone to send the correct part. He contacted regional manager and still not getting the part sent for my car. 4-2-14 Still waiting for correct part lots of apologies and said he had 3 parts sent over trying to get the correct one so the trans can be put back in my car. [continued below]....

..... 4-3-14 Lots of apologies and states that they will pay 30 a day for a rental and deduct that from the price I have to pay.

Explained I cannot rent a car. I have been paying people for rides. I have spent over 500 in the last 2 weeks to get to work and having people take me around. 4-4-14 Said car was fixed. Took it on test drive no issues. Had no ride to pick it up. 4-5-14 Went to get car drove less than a mile and check engine light came back and car still in limp mode and will not go past second gear. Called Andrew and took car back to the shop. He said he will call the owner over the weekend and get me rental on Monday. Called enterprise and all cars booked up. I explained to him I cannot rent from Enterprise.

Called the owners office 6029442246 to reach Scott and he was not avail left message for him and was never contacted. I hear nothing over the weekend 4-7-14 Call Scott 602-944-2246 the owner says he cannot rent a car for me but he can pay for it. So I have to put deposit down. Called Enterprise they state they need reservation id from AAMCO but I cannot rent from them Called 602-340-1142 to see if they had another company they go through. Robin stated they go through Hertz and gave me number 602-997-0578. Chris states they cannot rent to me without 200 plus cost of rental. Then AAMCO will pay for it. Explained to Robin I have given you my last money. She states she will call me back .

Robin calls back and states their hands are tied they cannot put their name on rental it is illegal and they found out what was wrong with the car. The computer needs to be replaced. They noticed it before. I asked then why wasn’t it replaced to begin with. They will not get it for two to 3 days. So now I have to still pay people to give rides. I asked so your company is not going to do anything for me for this. I have to come out of more money and deposits and you still get paid. Nothing but an apology. I have to pay 400 worth of payments every 5th of the month. One financing plan is 285 the other is 140. Andrew did not explain that to me until I went to pick the car up. I asked if the payments were going to be high.

He stated since the loan was so low they should not be. Yesterday 4/8/14 around 12 pm we went to Aamco on north cavecreek to speak with the owner Scott about the issues with my car. As soon as I started explaining my side of things I was called a liar by Scott. I was trying to explain I have been paying for rides and up to 500 to get back and forth to work and taken places. He Told me if I needed to get to work that bad I should get on the bus. I tried to explain how far my job was and hours but he kept saying I was lying. The job I was currently working was on Alma School and University.

I live on 19th ave in between baseline and southern. My hours was 4am to 1pm. No buses run that early. Only cabs. 17 miles one way. 34 miles round trip. He offered a rental. There is no way after giving them my last money on a car that was not fixed right the 1st time. Paying everyone to drive me around I couldn't afford someone holding 250 or more of my money. If you are paying for it why do I have to come out of more money? If you didn't do anything wrong why did you offer to pay for a rental. Did not get loud with him at all until he kept calling me a liar and discriminated against me. He said if I had good credit and a better paying job I would not be in this situation with having to get his high interest financing.

They never explained how much the payments would be until after the fact. What does that have to do with you not fixing my car correctly to begin with. While we were discussing my issues another customer came right back in after picking up their car and it wasn't shifting. Then we expressed that we wanted the 500 I spent back and my car fixed today. He said he is not giving me anything but the car will be fixed today. They are going to put in the new computer and program it. He acted like he was doing me a favor by fixing the broken computer that they never fixed the first time.

Said he give me 500 but I had to pay 450 for the computer he was putting in. Why would I have to pay for something covered under your warranty. An issue unsolved by you. I was never contacted and still do not have my car. He said he doesn't work on transmissions and Andrew is his trainee. So how could he know the issues are being resolved on my vehicle. 4-9-14 11:22am Andrew called me informed me he was out sick. The computer that they received for my car was the incorrect one. They have to have one overnighted from the Midwest.

Should be here tomorrow and will contact me once the car is ready 4-11-14 8:31 am called spoke with Andrew. Says they are still waiting on the computer for my car. Should have it by this afternoon. Has an appointment with the programmer this afternoon. Once that is complete I should have my car today. Asked if it would be completed by 3pm. Says it should be mid Afternoon. . 4-11-14 Andrew called me at 4:24 pm telling me he still had not received the part. He has been calling over and over can not reach anyone at the part supplier. He has been calling supervisors with no luck. Apologized and states this is ridiculous. Will send one of his guys to Gilbert to pick up the part. Since the supplier should be closed over the weekend.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 01:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-/phoenix-Arizona-85003/Andrew-for-AAMCO-They-still-havent-fixed-my-car-20-days-and-no-resolution-phoenix-Ari-1138621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO