Complaint Review: AAMCO - Cox Clan Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2008

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
AAMCO - Cox Clan Inc.
5960 NW LOOP 410 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

AAMCO - Cox Clan Inc. Claimed that transmission needed rebuilding -had it done- problem persisted San Antonio Texas

*UPDATE Employee: AAMCO always honors warranty issues.

After transmission was rebuilt, the problem persisted. There was slippage after the engine was hot. They claimed leaving when I left the vehicle with them that the transmission did what it was built to do. But after I drove it and while running errands the slippage was still there. They claimed it was not an issue with them, so I took it to the dealer.

The shop supervisor and mechanic both drove it individually and were able to identify that I had transmission problems and I should take it back to AAMCO, but to a different franchise. AAMCO: Cox Clan Inc. has a high turnover rate as far as supervisor/manager rotation. As soon as one manager has completed a work order and the customer returns for a warranty claim it was passed on to another manager. After 2 days that manager is gone.

Come to find out that the owner has 2 locations. So the customer keeps repeating the problem, they keep telling you that they'll check into it but cannot recreate the problem. The their workmanship was fine. I spent roughly $3000 on repairs I later found out that I did not need. I still have to get my transmission fixed, but we are not ready to go back to using one vehicle between three family members.

Jesse
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-Cox-Clan-Inc/San-Antonio-Texas-78238/AAMCO-Cox-Clan-Inc-Claimed-that-transmission-needed-rebuilding-had-it-done-problem-pe-397705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO - Cox Clan Inc.

AAMCO always honors warranty issues.

AUTHOR: Carguy78245 - (U.S.A.)

I would like to address the report filed against AAMCO Transmissions (Cox Clan Inc.)

The original poster noted that this AAMCO Transmissions has a terribly high turn over rate and that makes it very difficult to resolve issues within the repair center. That statement is false in all apsects. I have been an employee of the company for three years, and have personally been at this center for nearly six months. Almost 90% of the staff at my location has been there for 24 months or more.

When it comes to warranty issues and we have one single policy and that is to go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.

I will tell you a story about a customer issue I recenly had the pleasure of addressing. We had a customer who needed a transmission rebuild almost a year ago. A few months ago, the customer again experienced a problem with the transmission. Now, in electronic controlled transmissions, lots of things can cause a transmission problem.

Now this customer has an older van, and a make and model that were generally considered to be less than favorable and dependable. Also, the van is not in generally good shape. It needs lots of other work.

After his transmission was repaired, almost seven months later, it came back to the shop with a similar problem and additional repairs were completed. Come to find out, the techician was unaware that the vehicle needed a new alternator as well, and that the computer on the vehicle was also in bad shape. Those repairs, not covered by the warranty were done at no charge for the customer. Thats customer service.

Additionally, the customer now states that the vehicle is experiencing the same issue again, so at to show the customer that we do care and that the problem is not with the transmission but is caused by a fault in the vehicles electrical system - outide the transmission, we are going to install a completly different remanufactured transmission for the customer at no charge.

Some customers are hard to please, and it sounds like you have had an experience that was less than favorable. Please, take the time to contact our office and we would be glad to address the concerns with you one on one, and we will do anything in our power to make sure that you are satisfied.

If you are not comfortable coming back to our center, there are several other AAMCO Transmissions francise locations in the San Antonio area. You are more than welcome to visit AAMCO.com for a list of locations or you can call 1-800-GO-AAMCO for a list of local locations. However, we would like you to give us the opportunity to address your concerns personally.