Complaint Review: AAMCO - Dennis

• Submitted: Mon, February 05, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, March 21, 2012

• Reported By:
AAMCO - Dennis
Morristown, New Jersey U.S.A.

AAMCO Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: AAMCO MORRISTOWN- NEW OWNERSHIP

In December of 2000, my car transmission began to malfunction. I took the car to AAMCO in Morristown, New Jersey. I left the car there and an employee by the name of Dennis called to inform me they examined the transmission and found metal chips in the pan. He said the car needed a transmission rebuild. The price he quoted was $1,800 plus parts.

I took the car to another place. This place fixed the transmission for $60. More importantly, the mechanic stated that the transmission oil pan had not been removed recently. This was evident because the bolts that must be removed to access the pan had so much hardened grime on them that a socket or wrench couldn't have fit onto the bolt heads without first removing this grime. Furthermore, there were no metal chips in the pan!

How an individual could have the gall to try to steal a couple of thousand dollars from a working family is beyond me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-Dennis/Morristown-New-Jersey/AAMCO-Scam-4376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO - Dennis

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AAMCO MORRISTOWN- NEW OWNERSHIP

AUTHOR: Vince-Owner - (United States of America)

I am sorry you had a poor experience with AAMCO of Morristown. I am writing to inform you that as of January 16th, 2012 the AAMCO of Morristown located at 59 Sussex Avenue is under new ownership. Our goal is to provide honest, fair and reputable services to all our customers. We don't have a right to your business, we have to earn it with each visit to our shop. Please call me at 973-267-7575 if you wish to discuss this further. Thank you