• Report: #420787

• Submitted: Thu, February 05, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:lambertville Michigan
AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS - TOM GAMBLE
5250 AIRPORT HWY. TOLEDO, Ohio U.S.A.

AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS - TOM GAMBLE Unconscionable consumer acts and practices TOLEDO Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Brain Lesions Cause Memory Loss

Tom Gamble is still at it; I was scammed regarding the "need" of my jaguar to have it's transmission rebuilt. Numerous misleading, false statements made concerning a check for a transmission leak I relied upon to my detriment. I was informed I needed the transmission rebuilt; I had 15 minutes to make my decision over the phone. Keeping details short, my car was damaged.

I am a 51 year old R.N. currently on disability due to a brain lesion in May of 2007 with residual cognitive deficits. My car was towed to AAMCO, I had no other transportation as my husband is out of town often due to his job. All contacts with Tom Gamble were per phone. I errored in telling Gamble all of the above.

After 3 attempts to correct the damage sustained, Gamble became increasingly hostile. Refused to correct damage, refused to show us both soft and hard parts,refused to put our minds at ease regarding our request to see the invoices,attempted to not release the car unless I agreed not to dispute the charge of 4277.65 dollars with my master card.

paper work is questionable,no itemization of diagnostics performed. Estimate is dated Nov.4 08, time 8:05 AM;the car was not picked up until aprox. 10:30 AM. Estimate has every part listed on final paper work;exact duplicate. Gamble
did not even have the car in his possession yet! It was a scam from the beginning.

Because of the condition of my car, I no longer could trust it, I was fearful to drive it. With great remorse I allowed my husband to trade her in for a saturn. Less than a month after trade in, we were notified by dealership that the new owner of the jaguar contacted them as the transmission was stuck in first gear. What a nightmare experience. If anyone reads this, please call Gamble and read him the riot act. If any legal counsel should read this and could offer assistance I welcome your assistance. Gamble has quite a reputation for his continued unconscionable acts and practices,well known to other honest mechanics.

Me
lambertville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-TRANSMISSIONS-TOM-GAMBLE/TOLEDO-Ohio-43615/AAMCO-TRANSMISSIONS-TOM-GAMBLE-Unconscionable-consumer-acts-and-practices-TOLEDO-Ohio-420787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS - TOM GAMBLE

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Brain Lesions Cause Memory Loss

AUTHOR: Lydia - (U.S.A.)

Patti was and is a very sweet person. This Jaguar came to my shop from another shop that told her she had a transmission leak. She called the dealer in Troy (I believe it was Troy) and was told over 6,000 for a transmission. We towed the vehicle for "free" and indeed it had been leaking. When the transmission leaks for any period of time you can damage the internal parts which is what happened. She was given a price far far below what the dealer wanted with a longer warranty than the dealer gives. When she said she had 15 minutes to make a decision, it may have seemed like 15 minutes to someone who has medical problems such as she has but in fact our center manager spent more time with her than with others because she had so many questions. In addition to that Tom spent time with her going over what was being done.

Considering I personally had to drive to Troy, Michigan twice to get parts since there is no longer a Jaguar dealer in Toledo I believe we did very well in the 5 days we had it. We towed it on November 3rd after 10:30 a.m. and she picked it up on Nov 8th early morning.

There was not three attempt to correct the problem. Five days after she picked up the car she called and said the transmission was not shifting correctly and leaking due to installation. We again towed the vehicle in and it was "perfect." To set her mind at ease we flat bedded/towed the Jaguar to Troy Michigan to the Jaguar dealer there. We paid them $142.50 to tell us exactly what we already knew and that was that it was perfect!!

Tom never said anything about her reversing her credit card charge although she did. Unfortunately she told her credit card company that "SHE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE THE CHARGE." She has issues and we tried to be understanding.

I am not sure what Patti wanted as far as itemized but each part we put on her vehicle was listed on the repair order including the coupon discount we gave. Our computer automatically puts a time in when we enter the information NOT when the vehicle was picked up. We picked up the vehicle on Nov 3rd, we entered her repair order information into our computer at 8:05 a.m. on Nov 4th from the tow slip. As far as the exact duplicate on the final paperwork.........we do not change our price once we give an estimate. We are honest and Patti is trying to make it seem like we did something wrong. We repaired her vehicle in a timely matter, less than the dealership and treated her with the utmost respect.

The gentleman that purchased her car is very pleased and has no problem with it. When he first purchased the vehicle it was winter and slipped it on ICE and thought it had a problem but there was nothing wrong and we gave it back to him with a 100% warranty as we gave Patti.

Patti's condition is sad.