Complaint Review: AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service

• Reported By: Zalophus — San Jose California United States of America
AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service
157 Tully Rd San Jose, California United States of America

AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service Do not honor warranty San Jose, California

For your own sake of time and money, avoid at all costs!!!!

Overview of experience:
Mistreated and insulted by both the owner and manager. Awful customer service and untrustworthy work. Went several weeks without vehicle. Had an expensive clutch repair which did not fix the original problem of a gear malfunction.

While out of town I was told I could not have my vehicle repaired at another AAMCO, which their warranty clearly states you can. After towing 3 times at my own expense to get this taken care of because they would not honor their warranty, I had another shop confirm a diagnosis stating the clutch job and unthorough investigation of my gears led to more damage which could have been avoided. I also received confirmation that they didn't even properly check my transmission fluids which would have very likely exacerbated future problems leading to more money and time!

Owner (Al) and manager (Aaron) will do NOT respect their warranties. Both my wife and I were yelled at an insulted by these rude individuals. Corporate customer service was no help when trying to mediate the problem and only seemed to make the problem worse. Being several hundred miles away when I first called with the problem, I was told I could go to another AAMCO to have the problem worked on. After arriving at an AAMCO, I was then told by Al and Aaron that they were not going to allow another AAMCO to work on my vehicle and I would either have to drive (my vehicle which is broke down) or tow the vehicle under my own expense to them.

We then contacted Michael Pekula (Director of Consumer Affairs of AAMCO Corporate) to try resolving this issue. After several phone messages and e-mails being ignored, we feel this is a lost cause and have went weeks without a vehicle, been severely mistreated and have paid extra for something that should have been diagnosed in the first place.

I thought the main reason people use AAMCO was because they were nationwide and your warranty would be honored, but not through this AAMCO! They are all independently owned, so the owner (Al) knew he mis-diagnosed the problem and would rather take the risk of facing a lawsuit, than pay another AAMCO to diagnose his mistakes.

Please avoid!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-Transmissions-Auto-Service/San-Jose-California-95111/AAMCO-Transmissions-Auto-Service-Do-not-honor-warranty-San-Jose-California-928827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service