Complaint Review: AAMCO Transmissions

• Updated: Tue, November 02, 2010

• Reported By: teenthompson — Seffner Florida United States of America
AAMCO Transmissions
1429 W Brandon Boulevard Brandon, Florida United States of America

AAMCO Transmissions AAMCO Transmissions -: Providing customers with insufficient repair services performed by the worlds most incompetent techs for more than 40 years Brandon, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We hated the way this went but we did get it fixed

I brought my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo to this local AAMCO Transmission Service Center in early June. While I insisted that I did not want the transmission rebuilt however, I was advised that a rebuild was my best option. After almost 2 weeks, my truck was finally repaired, or so I thought. Within a week of driving my truck, the transmission began to slip and within two weeks from the day I picked my truck up from the shop, it would no longer shift past 1st gear. Since then, I have had to return my truck to AAMCO a total of 7 or 8 times, each taking AAMCO an average of a week or so to finish the "repairs" before returning my vehicle to me. On two of these occasions, not 24 hours after returning my rental car I was back on the lot to picking up another another rental car. In all, I have paid out over $1500 in rental car fees alone, of which AAMCO has not covered a dime of. In the past 4 1/2 months, I have lost countless hours from work due to several unforeseen malfunctions with the rebuilt transmission from AAMCO. I noted to the store manager, Mark, around failed attempt number 4 or 5 that of the numerous times I'd been forced to return my truck to them, not once, had he or any of the AAMCO staff offered so much as a simple "I'm sorry" for the major inconveniences they had caused for me and my family. Only then did he express a shallow apology followed with a run down of the additional "services" they so graciously performed at no further expense to try and resolve the transmission issues once and for all. He was oblivious to how I could consider ANY additional services they performed for free their obligation rather than a courtesy; even after reminding him that none of those extra services they'd done had even solved the problems. Just the $1500 in rental fees and AAMCO's repair costs alone have cost me almost $5000 on a truck I only bought for $8000 which I'm still making payments on. While I hope to find some recourse against the operators of this AAMCO, if my experience saves another unsuspecting consumer from turning their vehicle and money over to these crooks, I'll be satisfied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2010 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-Transmissions/Brandon-Florida-33511/AAMCO-Transmissions-AAMCO-Transmissions-Providing-customers-with-insufficient-repair-s-653841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO Transmissions

We hated the way this went but we did get it fixed

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

This vehicle repair was a real fiasco  Sometimes in the repair business it unfortunately goes that way.   It ended up being a problem with the case.  We had one shipped in from Jacksonville as that was the closest place we could find one.   We also extended this couples warranty in case there are future problems.  This was not legally required but it was the right thing to do.