• Report: #419404

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Griffin Georgia
AAMCO Transmissions
1300 N Expressway Griffin, Georgia U.S.A.

AAMCO Transmissions Huge Ripp Off!!! Griffin Georgia

I had a radiator leak and they told me it was the water pump and a small hose that needed to be replaced. The owner said that they would charge me nothing to look at it and tell me what it was.

Guess what, he called and told me the problems and that it would cost around 300.00 to repair. I said I did not have that much and would come and get the car. All of the sudden he wanted to charge me for the diagnostics, which was 80.00.

I let my father check the car and the water pump was just fine, it was just a 2.00 hose. Which he repaired and is now fixed. When aamco called they wasnt for sure it was the water pump I think they were just guessing. They said that they would replace the water pump and replace the hose for free.

Guess what, he was gonna fix the hose and not change the water pump and charge me for it anyway. Please dont ever take you car there they steel your money.

Mochue
Griffin, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-Transmissions/Griffin-Georgia-30224/AAMCO-Transmissions-Huge-Ripp-Off-Griffin-Georgia-419404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO Transmissions