Complaint Review: AAMCO West Palm Beach FL

• Updated: Tue, July 20, 2010

• Reported By: Erin — Wellington Florida United States of America
AAMCO West Palm Beach FL
845 N Military Trail, Suite 1 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

AAMCO West Palm Beach Florida Bad Mechanics: Charged me $2K and now wants more $ to fix 3rd time in less than 10 mo West Palm Beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner & Management has changed.

I took my 99 Mazda 626 in for transmission repairs on 9/25/09 at which time the shop performed a total rebuild for $2000.  Not even 2 months later, the car had problems at which time I took the car back and they again spent 2 days repairing the transmission because they had failed to replace a part that they were 'unsure' needed repair the first time.  Luckily, they did not charge me.  Now, less than 10 months later the car again has transmission problems.  In fact, my nanny was left stranded on an open highway unable to drive more than 50 miles from home.  AAMCO of West Palm towed the car 50 miles to its location from Weston, FL only to tell me oh we just looked into and you are out of warranty.  I had driven 13,770 miles since the transmission was originally done on the 25th, but less than 12,000 when the fixed it the second time.  They called me to offer me 'another deal' of not charging me more than $1600 for the third repair in less than a year and they would go ahead and throw in an extended warranty for 18 months this time....Yeah right like I am gonna give them another dime.  They have no idea what they are doing there and Jimmy who has only been working there for the last week, says that he wasn't the one that did the repairs so I wasn't giving him very much room to argue....Unbelievable.  Buyer beware at this joke of an establishment.  They are piss-poor mechanics.  Never take your car to a place even that has a national brand identity.   AAMCO is a franchise so each guy is out there to make money as cheaply as possible.  Take your car to a real mechanic and never trust anything they tell you!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2010 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-West-Palm-Beach-FL/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33417/AAMCO-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-Bad-Mechanics-Charged-me-2K-and-now-wants-more-to-fix-3-625168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO West Palm Beach FL

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner & Management has changed.

AUTHOR: JT - ()

The ownnership and management has changed since this report was filed. The present owners, management and the technicians are committed to provide our customer with outstanding quality of Car Care Service that our customers expect. We regeret the experience that this customer experienced at that time. We invite this customer to try our service to see the changes.