Complaint Review: AAMCO in Newark NJ

• Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011

• Reported By: lisariv05 — Newark New Jersey United States of America
AAMCO in Newark NJ
950 Frelinghuysen Ave. Newark, New Jersey United States of America

AAMCO in Newark NJ AAMCO and Warren Ross This will be the First and Last time I will ever use AAMCO "Sacm of the Century" Newark, New Jersey

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport that got damage during this past snow storm. According to AAMCO, the transfer casing is damaged and needs to be replaced. They gave an estimate on how much this was going to cost me. It was going to cost me over $2000 dollars plus labor, and they need a down payment of half of the amount to start with.
Me as a single mother of three and needs her vehicle to get around I felt I had no choose. So I saved up as much as I could to make the down payment. I gave AAMCO $1500.00 dollars to start the work.
Here is when it starts getting fishy; one of the mechanics gave a piece of printing paper with the down payment amount and how much I still owed which was sign by the mechanic, this is around in March 2011. The mechanic informed me that me truck would be ready in a week. After that week I called AAMCO to see the statues of my truck. This is when they started to give me the run around. They first stated that the piece was hard to find and that they are having employees problems.

Three months of this constant excuses, and come to find out that Warren Ross and his mechanics have been taking the down payments with out doing any of the services and damaging vehicles for the parts. I went down there to take my truck out but I cant because the mechanics of AAMCO had striped the center console of the truck, took the transfer casing out of the truck, the truck wont even start. I dont what else damage they did or pieces they took from my truck to fix other vehicles. Now as we speak AAMCO head office closed down the AAMCO here in Newark with my truck still in it.
I need my truck so I can go to work, but now Im unemployed with no vehicle to get around, a truck that now need extensive and expensive amount of repairs which right I have no money to do and Im in $1500.00 dollars in the hole
If anyone can help please do
Thank you AAMCO for allowing them to do this to hard working people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2011 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-in-Newark-NJ/Newark-New-Jersey-07114/AAMCO-in-Newark-NJ-AAMCO-and-Warren-Ross-This-will-be-the-First-and-Last-time-I-will-ever-742936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO in Newark NJ