Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: Denny Duped — Long Beach Washington United States of America
AAMCO
3925 Abbey Ln Astoria, Oregon United States of America

AAMCO Took truck to AAMCO in Astoria, Ore. to repair manifold exhaust leak; they gave estimate of $230 - $260 and ended up costing $424 after padding on an additonal two hours of labor; then they sent me do Astoria, Oregon

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry to Hear

I took my 92 nissan truck to AAMCO in Astoria, Ore. to have an exhaust manifold leak repaired. I was given an estimate of $230 to $260; I ended up paying a whopping $424 since they padded on two more hours of labor. I paid and took the truck and the problem still exists and is actually worse. There are bolts missing on the engine where the manifold is attached so either they were never put back or they broke off after the work was supposedly done. Either way I still have a major exhaust manifold leak. There is a distinct possibility that the bolt holes into the engine were drilled out so badly that no bolts will ever hold the manifold in place; so in other words my engine may need to be replaced because of this shoddy work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/Astoria-Oregon-97103/AAMCO-Took-truck-to-AAMCO-in-Astoria-Ore-to-repair-manifold-exhaust-leak-they-gave-est-758531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sorry to Hear

AUTHOR: AAMCO of Astoria Owner - (United States of America)

Hello,

I wanted to respond to your complaint as I am the new business owner effective 8/25/2011. I am sorry for the experience that you had with the previous owners.

I can assure you that AAMCO of Astoria today is very price conscious and we pride ourselves in excellent customer service. Surprises are never taken well. As small business owners, it is extremely important to us that every customer has a good experience as over half of our customers are repeat customers.

I hope that you will give us, as new owners, the opportunity to demonstrate our professionalism.