Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Updated: Fri, December 17, 2010

• Reported By: Ray — El Cajon California United States of America
AAMCO
355 N JOHNSON AVE EL CAJON, California United States of America

AAMCO AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS AAMCO AUTO WRECKING RIP OFF BAIT AND SWITCH EL CAJON, California

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal from AAMCO not entirely correct

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: None Sense

This AMCO is not a place I would ever reffer anyone to. 8 out of 10 transmissions that come out of this shop is a grossly overpriced junkjard transmission. The other two transmissions are built with the bare minimum needed to get it moving and out of the shop. Even the customers that get dooped into a full rebuild on the transmission get just the rebuild kit but no upgrades that might be needed for problems that are known to happen not even replacing electronic parts that are charged to the customer. The mechanics are knowligable in their work and do a good job but the end result is from the managment/owner (and those directly related to the owner) who will only accept the bare minimum repair and expense for any repair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2010 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/EL-CAJON-California-92020/AAMCO-AAMCO-TRANSMISSIONS-AAMCO-AUTO-WRECKING-RIP-OFF-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-EL-CAJON-Californi-638698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO

Rebuttal from AAMCO not entirely correct

AUTHOR: Juanita - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint against AAMCO with the BBB about 5 years ago when I had my transmission rebuilt there. They did a good job on the rebuild but scratched up the paint on my car, torn my new fender liners that I had just had installed, and changed my oil which I had just had changed with synthetic blend oil and they replaced it with regular oil, without my permission. I had to go to the BBB to get them to compensate me for the oil change but they denied the damage to my paint job and my fender liners.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

None Sense

AUTHOR: Fabian - (USA)

We are a local family owned business.  AAMCO of El Cajon has serviced over 2,500 vehicles in the last 2 years. We have not had one complaint filed at the California Bureau of Auto Repair nor the Better Business Bureau where we are an accredited business.

RAY (an alias and not a customer) is a disgruntled former terminated employee, who was terminated for various behaviors issues with co-workers and management who is attempting to damage our reputation and business. I would recommend to anyone finding this report to check at the California Bureau of Auto Repair, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp and other consumer reviews sites for information and references.

Thank you.