Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Reported By: Richard — Hackensack New Jersey United States of America
AAMCO
55 Midtown Bridge Approach Hackensack, New Jersey United States of America

AAMCO Globe Tires Deceptive Hackensack, New Jersey

Since all the commercials for Aamco on TV has gotten to my head, it came to mind when my Honda Odyssey started to have some problems.  The transmission started to slip.
I knew of the free diagnostics that they offered, so I located the closest Aamco repair shop.
I drove the car over there on Friday and they said it will take about 2 hours to finish the diagnostic exam.
They called me about 2 hours later and told me that they would have to open up the transmission and check it.  I spoke to a Nick, and he told me that there would be a charge of $685 to do this physical inspection.  And that if I were to get the repair done by them, then that amount would be credited towards the repair.  They never gave me any contract or order form to sign either.  So I told him "I guess we have to do it to find out whats wrong".  He told me that if I were to go ahead with the repair, the charge would start at about $1800 to $1900.

I got a call Monday morning and was told the repair would cost me $3500.  He mentioned that the torque converter was the problem.  I wasn't ready to pay $3500 for the car.  It had over 100,000 miles on it, and it was still in running condition.
So I told him that I might not get it repaired, thinking I'll end up still having to pay the $685 that was mentioned in the beginning, but he told me that even if I don't repair it, it would cost me $1400 just to put it back together!
Now I was furious.  If I decided to get it fixed, it will cost me $3500.  If I decide not to fix it, I would still have to pay $1400 just to get the car back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/Hackensack-New-Jersey-/AAMCO-Globe-Tires-Deceptive-Hackensack-New-Jersey-811511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO