Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
AAMCO
10022 San Jose Blvd Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

AAMCO AAMCO IN JACKSONVILLE, FL IS TRYING TO RIPP ME OFF!!!! 10022 San Jose Blvd Jacksonvikke Jacksonville Florida

*General Comment: 95 stratus

*Author of original report: They made me amend my previous comment....

*Author of original report: Amendment

Just like all the other cases with AAMCO, they fixed my transmission before and when my car went bad for the same issue, they towed my car for free and then went ahead and reapired it without my consent, knowing that I couldn't afford it. THey are abusive and request personal information and try to get money for everything!!!! I did not authorize anything and I am ready to put a big compaint. Any other victim around??

Leslie
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2008 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/Jacksonville-Florida-32257/AAMCO-AAMCO-IN-JACKSONVILLE-FL-IS-TRYING-TO-RIPP-ME-OFF-10022-San-Jose-Blvd-Jacksonvi-328669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO

#1 General Comment

95 stratus

AUTHOR: mr. smooth - (United States of America)

Dodges have a reputation of having bad transmissions. I have owned several dodges including a 2001 dodge stratus 2001 dodge neon and a 1987 dodge Dakota all had transmission problems. It is possible it is just the manufacturer.

They made me amend my previous comment....

AUTHOR: Victim of AAMCO - (U.S.A.)

This is just HORRIBLE, the amendment you see on top is what they made me do in order to get them off the hook!. thye told my husband that I have to remove it while they had our car back in repair, we were afraid that they would do something else to the car in revenge so I agreed but now I am so upset that I don't care anymore!!!
This is the 6th month and my same problem remains THE SAME!!!

PLEASE DO NOT EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO AAMCO!!! Read below...

I am crying as I type because I am desperate, AAMCO is abusing my precarious situation, we own a car that even though it's old and maybe it's not worth much, it takes us places we need to go, it's a DODGE STRATUS 95, my little children depend on this car for transportation to school and daycare. 7 months ago it started acting up on us, it kept getting stuck on 3rd gear while driving, obviously we took it to a place to take care of it, we took it to AAMCO the transmission place!!!! in Mandarin, they told us that the computer was broken and that they needed to replace it and get a new one, we barely covered what it cost, it was around $400, but got our little savings out of the bank and paid for it.
Approximately 2 weeks later it kept doing the same and we took it back there, this time they told us that the transmission was the one broken and they went ahead and got a rebuilt transmission charging us $2,400. We couldn't pay it for the longest time, so we dealt with it because we couldn't do anything at that time then we couldn't afford out apartment and moved to a church looking for shelter, after almost 2 months I got a loan from the bank with very high interests and went ahead and paid for the car to get it out, thinking that we didn't have to worry about it anymore, to our surprise, oops, it did it again only 3 hours after picking it up!!!
Ever since June AAMCO tows our car back to their store with the same problem, I believe they keep replacing the computer and this is our 8th computer now but I don't think this is the problem, it keeps getting stuck in 3rd gear and our original problem was never solved, we are now desperate, we can't do this, we have a car but every time they tell us the problem is solved, it just isn't, the original symptom is there, it keeps getting stuck in 3rd gear and yesterday I went to ask to refund our money because we would like to pay off the loan and maybe buy another car instead of taking the bus but they refused, then I asked if they could please get us a rental to get by until the car is fixed but they refused too. I am desperate, I can't afford to live like this, my daughter has been late for school several times and I can't get to work early either, I am going to lose my job and I just don't know what else to do, please help me and my little family to get a decent way to get around this city in order to survive

Searching ont he web I found out a lot of web sites about the bad service and lack of customer service AAMCO around the US has... I am so ashamed that I am poor and can't afford a newer car, I feel bad for my children as well.. they deserve so much better....

Thanks!

Amendment

AUTHOR: I hate aamco - (U.S.A.)

After speaking with my now ex husband about this matter,he let me know that he DID authorize the work to be done in the car the second time (knowing that he couldn't afford it!!!). the 1st time it was the transmission computer ONLY but the second time it was a different issue with the trandsmission which they had to rebuild. I spoke to Aamco and now they are trying to help us get the car out of the shop by allowing us to make payments on it and helping us as well with the storage fees. I apologize if this may have caused harm to the business but this was a whole deal of miscommunication.
Thanks.