Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Updated: Thu, November 18, 2010

• Reported By: msugzdinis — Limerick Pennsylvania United States of America
444 W. Ridge Pike Limerick, Pennsylvania United States of America

AAMCO Held Car Hostage, Did not fix car, Runs Worse now Limerick, Pennsylvania

My son is 17 and took his car to AAMCO 1/4 of a mile away from our house to have the transmission fixed before his inspection was due. His car would not go into reverse. After having the car for 5 weeks and charging $2800+ to fix the car, my son got his car back. He has reverse, but the car does NOT shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear. It would rev the engine for about 45 seconds and shift right into 4th gear. This is a 1995 Honda Accord. When we tried to take the car back to the AAMCO, the doors were locked and the business closed. Being a CHAIN, we called the next closest AAMCO which is Pottstown. They said they would fix the car, no expense to us. They took the car for an addiditonal 2 weeks and gave the car back. When I drove the car, again, it does not shift properly and NOW all of his electrical gages are out of control. They blink and the speedometer bounces from 20 to 120 constantly. Now, I've called and asked for an estimated time on when the car will be done and I am not given an answer. The owner Doug Gregory has been very rude to me exclaiming that he is doing me a favor by looking at the car. I have asked him to put the car back together and I will get it fixed somewhere else and he said he won't have time to put it back together. It has been another 9 days they've had my sons car and when I called yesterday to get a status update, he said he would call me right back. He never called. I called this morning and he said he doesn't know whats wrong with the car and doesn't know when we'll get it back. This is completely unacceptable and my 17 year old son had to come up with $2800 to pay for the cars repairs that he can't drive to school and work now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2010 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/Limerick-Pennsylvania-19468/AAMCO-Held-Car-Hostage-Did-not-fix-car-Runs-Worse-now-Limerick-Pennsylvania-663429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO