Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Submitted: Tue, August 11, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 11, 2009

• Reported By:elizabeth New Jersey
AAMCO
950 Frelinghysen Avenue NEWARK, New Jersey U.S.A.

AAMCO - Newark Location SCAMMED ME OUT OF $200 BUCKS NEWARK New Jersey

On August 3rd 2009, my 1997 mercury sable was taken to the AAMCO in New Brunswick, NJ for a transmission issue. I had the transmission replaced (October 2008)in the AAMCO in Newark, NJ and I have a warranty for the vehicle that states that the car can be taken to any AAMCO in the United States. When a AAMCO mechanic in the New Brunswick location spoke to Sean (AAMCO in Newark)to confirm that the vehicle is indeed under warranty, he was told "DO NOT do anything to the vehicle. The car has to be checked out in Newark."

I spoke to Sean and I questioned the logic (as well as the inconvienance)of bringing a vehicle to Newark location instead of having the car checked out in the New Brunswick location.

Sean insisted that the car had to be looked at in the Newark location if the car was in the state of NJ. Sean went so far as to say that he would have the car towed to the Newark location so it can be inspected. I said no because I would not pay for towing expenses.

Sean stated that the car would be towed free of charge since the car had a warranty. During the course of the week I called for a status and was given the run around.
I was told a part was ordered for the transmission and that I could come pick it up on Monday, August 10th. I called on that day and was told that they needed an extra day. On Tuesday, Aug 11th, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the transmission and that the problem was a "wheel barrow" issue that needed to be fixed for around $500.

I declined to have the car fixed and I told Sean that I would like to pick up my vehicle.

Sean stated that since I decided not to have the car fixed (there at the Newark location) that I would have to pay half of thethe towing expenses. I don't understand why he would order a part for the transmission if the transmission was never a problem. Or why it took a week to realize that it was a wheel barrow problem.

I asked why he was reneging on the verbal agreement that we had that stated that he would pay for the towing expenses. Especially since he (Sean) was the one that insisted on having the vehicle towed instead of having the New Brunswick AAMCO mechanics check out the problem.

I spoke to Warren the Manager/ Owner(?) and he was completely rude to me and did not allow me to talk and ended up hanging up the telephone on me. He refused to work out any solution to this problem. I called back to find out the cost of the towing expensis and was then told I had to pay the full amount of $195.

I assume that due to the conversation about the towing expensis Warren and Sean decided that instead of me paying for half I should pay the full amount. I'm upset because had the car been checked at the New Brunswick location I would have saved almost $200.

I don't think under these circumstances I am responsible for the towing fess.

Sopissedicouldspit
elizabeth, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2009 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/NEWARK-New-Jersey-07114/AAMCO-Newark-Location-SCAMMED-ME-OUT-OF-200-BUCKS-NEWARK-New-Jersey-478473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO