Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — woodbridgr Virginia United States of America
AAMCO
2599 Hanco Center Dr. Woodbridge, Virginia United States of America

AAMCO Adam adam the manager gave conflicting info about repairs that I did not need. i paid over a thousand dollars for unnecessary parts Woodbridge, Virginia

What started as a free diagnostic turned first into over $ 200.00 to complete the diagnotics. Then Adam calls and say they found out what was wrong the upstream flow sensor and it would cost $ 540.00 or so to fix. I said ok. Keep in mind my car first was taken there for a check engine light that came on and the car would run real bad. He called later that evening and said my car was repaired but I could use a tune-up. I paid the money after getting off from work dropped off at aamco get my receipt start my car drive away and minutes later the check engine light comes on and I am furious. Call Adam and tell him the same exact issue happened. Adam tells me to leave the car and he will take care of it. Adam calls me later the next day and say its the distributer and itg will cost $ 300.00 additionally. I told him that they missed diagnosed my car and I should not have to pay more. Well, it wasn't the distributor, it was the fuel pump and that would be and additional $539:69. I have paid far to much to get myh car back and I can't afford to fight these people for my money because I need my car to get to work. A fuel pump cost $74.00. At auto zone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 05:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/Woodbridge-Virginia-22191/AAMCO-Adam-adam-the-manager-gave-conflicting-info-about-repairs-that-I-did-not-need-i-pai-978187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO