Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Reported By: Annethrax — Flagstaff Virginia United States of America
AAMCO
824 West Route 66 flagstaff, Arizona United States of America

AAMCO [Don't let them anywhere near your car] flagstaff, Arizona

I had an small issue with my 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse involving a malfunction with the windshield wipers.
I am a 21 year old female college student and was with my female roommate, and they probably thought they could take advantage of that.

The store-keep was a real jerk in the first place--condescending, unhelpful, and clearly knew nothing about cars. My car had been in the garage for about 3 minutes when he called me in about a "huge problem." Of course, he didn't know what it was, but he called the mechanic over to tell me that there were a few stains on one of my metal support structures--indicative of a coolant leak. I told him that my engine did not overheat and he said it was a "matter of time" before I would experience engine failure. They also tried to get me to believe that the bolts holding up my engine were falling out and my engine could get jolted loose at the slightest bump in the road.

Luckily I didn't trust the guys and took it to a local honest mechanic who saved me several hundreds of dollars in fake repairs. Ended up spending less than 80 bucks to fix my faulty wiper motor. He later told me that the AAMCO guys were known for being a little "too ambitious."

And four months and 2 blizzards later, I haven't seen any overheating, nor has my engine inexplicably fallen out of my car.

I will never trust another AAMCO mechanic again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2010 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/flagstaff-Arizona-86001/AAMCO-Dont-let-them-anywhere-near-your-car-flagstaff-Arizona-611812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO