Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Submitted: Sun, June 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 17, 2007

• Reported By:Aur Illinois
aamco.com Internet U.S.A.

I was a 15yo boy with my mom and went for a super low priced coupon, (this was in the 1980s but I am so enraged about what they did) 39.00 for a trans fluid change at ammoco transmission shop. They did the change and everything seemed fine, then suddenly, they call my mom to the back office. They seemed to want me to stay in the waiting room. So fat guy named Joe had my mom in the office and I was waiting for what seemed at least a 1/2 hour. Now I was a smart 15yo, and I figured they would try and brainwash my mom into getting a new transmission. Now our trans was a GM turbo 350. These units are rock solid, and almost NEVER fail, even when they do, they usually take a long time with many symtoms before they actually total go out. We never ran out of fluid, never towed anything and never beat it much, so I knew something scammy was up. I bolted into the back office, and found my mom actually crying, I asked what was going on, the the fat guy Joe told me to go back into the waiting room. I refused, he got I rate with me, and I told him I would call the police next door if he refused to let me sit in with my mom. He backed off. So, he was telling my mom, he found major problems with the trans, and they needed to remove it, and take it apart to see what was wrong with it. Enough said, I refused, and demanded to put new oil in and where leaving, he finally did after another 1/2 of haggling. Transmission shops are mostly scams!

Aur, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2007 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/internet/AAMCO-TOTAL-SCAM-ARTISTS-LISLE-IL-SINCE-CLOSED-NOW-RIPOFF-Internet-255046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO