Complaint Review: AARP Medicare Rx Plans

• Submitted: Thu, July 14, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, July 14, 2011

• Reported By: Suzy — Green Valley Arizona U.S.A.
AARP Medicare Rx Plans

AARP Medicare Rx Plans ripps off oldsters Internet

Retired and elderly believe in AARP. We spend money to become members of AARP thinking they will alert us to cons and ripoffs. Thats why I was easily talked into taking their Medicare RX plan that collected money from my SS check each month to cover medications (even though I don't take any) I was told I must be covered. For some reason they stopped taking the fee out of my SS check and I never received a bill so I called the 800 number several times asking for one that never came. Eventually I switched supplemental insurance for one that included RX. I thought the invoice would catch up with me for the money owed which by that time was around $300 but I wanted itemized billing because it didn't match with my figuers. I never got that bill and yesterday was called by a collection agency for the full amount and found out they had posted on my credit report. I'm not saying I don't owe them money, but I trusted they would send the itemized bill not push me under the bus by sending me to collection without contacting me first. I am trying to clean up my credit not make it worse! AARP is advertising that they help oldsters but are nothing more than a huge lumbering business making money off oldsters. I believed their misleading advertising and now people must be members to get what we are convinced is the better deal on health insurance. If you can't trust AARP, who can you trust?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2011 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AARP-Medicare-Rx-Plans/internet/AARP-Medicare-Rx-Plans-ripps-off-oldsters-Internet-752843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AARP Medicare Rx Plans