Complaint Review: AARP Roadside Assistance

• Submitted: Sun, July 19, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:Valley City North Dakota
AARP Roadside Assistance
http://www.aarproadside.com/AARP/home.do Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

AARP Roadside Assistance "No record" of my call for assistance - and AARP called the tow truck! Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Comment: AARP

Last winter I joined AARP Motor Club. My car needed to be towed, and I asked them if I could request a service call the same day I joined, and they said yes. I joined AARP itself and then the motor club, paying by credit card, and then called to request service. They recognized my membership, gave me my membership number, and since they didn't have any regular provider in the area, called Gille Auto, Valley City, and had them tow my car to their garage for repair.

Gille Auto said the repair would take two weeks, but in fact they didn't get around to it and it STILL wasn't done when I called them a few days ago (July). (This may be another new report if it's not done very soon!) I called AARP about two months ago, explained the situation, and they said I would still be reimbursed and should include a letter telling them why it has taken so long. They even referred me to a lawyer who contacted Gille Auto for me (she gave up easily and did no good).

Yesterday I called AARP Roadside Assistance, and this time they said they had no record of this service call, and no "authorization number" that I would have to include with the receipt (when the car at last is done). When I first called them, they didn't give me an "authorization number" or even tell me such a thing existed! They are only trying to get out of their responsibility to reimburse me for the towing.

This never happened when I belonged to AAA! After this membership year is over, back to AAA I go!

Nd victim
Valley City, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2009 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AARP-Roadside-Assistance/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/AARP-Roadside-Assistance-No-record-of-my-call-for-assistance-and-AARP-called-the-tow-t-471323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AARP Roadside Assistance

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

Yes, indeed. AARP is a joke and a scam. They provide no real service to anyone. Their auto insurance is WAAAYYYY over priced. Their stinking magazine is a plethora of useless junk. Good for you in your decision to return to AAA !!