Complaint Review: AARP Travel Passport Powered By Travelocity

https://travel.travelocity.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-291-1757
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

AARP Passport/TravelocityAARP Travel Passport Powered By Travelocity Disatrous beginning of our vacation Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Most positive experience with AARP/Passport/Travelocity

*Consumer Comment: Most positive experience with AARP/Passport/Travelocity

Our vacation began on August 29, 2007. We boarded a plane in Boston and left for Savannah Georgia.
When we reached our destination, we rented a car.

We went to our "so called" three star hotel that AARP Travel Passport had booked for us through Travelocity.

When we arrived at the hotel, we found that the place booked was a Knight's Inn far from three stars. Much to our dismay, the room smelled like cat urine, the furniture was falling apart from what appeared to be water damage, and there were stains on the carpet. The seal between the floor and the door was non existant. You could see in and out of the room.

At that time, we called Travelocity at the number provided on our confirmation itinerary sheet. Their solution to our dilema was for us to look at
a different room and take that one.

We looked at the second room, hoping to be able to relax as planned. Again we found ourselves in a substandard room. There was a hole in the shower wall by the faucet, there was black mold on the ceiling and under the sink, again stains on the carpet, and food under the chair. Pictures document both room conditions.

Again we called Travelcity, trying to salvage our vacation. Their solution this time was to try and find us different accomodations in the same area. After 45 minutes on the phone, their only solution was to put us into a two star hotel for the same price as our contracted three star hotel.

I informed them that all we wanted was was a three star accomodation, that we had already paid for five weeks prior to our departure. I called back 30 minutes later. Travelocity offered to put us up in the Holiday Inn down the street from the Knight's Inn at double the price.

We were going to be required to pay the difference between what we had already paid. When I refused to pay the additional $30 per night, Travelocity then said they would credit us for eight days out of the ten we had booked.

After lengthy discussion, Travelocity agreed to give us credit for 9 days out of the 10 booked, telling us this was because we didn't go to the front desk to complain first.

They finally gave me a credit on my credit card for the 9 days and left us hanging to find a hotel on a holiday weekend in Georgia, where we had never been before.

We used up two days of our vacation to search for new accomodations. We finally found a beautiful room at $10 per day above the original cost of our vacation.
Due to the added expense of the accomodations, the gas and time spent to find them, our vacation activities will be limited.

We only asked for what we had contracted and paid for. We received absolutely no service from either AARP or Travelocity.

So "let the buyer beware" when they book through either AARP or Travelocity. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet site they send you to.

We believe that Travelocity owes us for the tenth day and two additional days we used to do their job. Not to mention the added expense of the hotel room, and gas to find suitable accomodations.

At the very least they should have offered to upgrade our accomodations at their expense just for the inconvenience afforded us by their misrepresentation of the Knight's Inn.

Rick
Westport, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2007 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AARP-Travel-Passport-Powered-By-Travelocity/internet/AARP-PassportTravelocityAARP-Travel-Passport-Powered-By-Travelocity-Disatrous-beginning-o-271684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AARP Travel Passport Powered By Travelocity

Most positive experience with AARP/Passport/Travelocity

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

On April 3, 2008, on-line, I made reservations to fly from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Washington, D.C. (BWI), rent a car, and hotel. I utilized my AARP membership hoping for the best deals on the flight, hotel and car rental. I made my reservations, used my discounts and was pretty happy with the itinery until I realized I had booked a flight into an airport that would have caused me an extra hour of driving time. Unable to change the flight on-line, I called AARP phone number listed on my confirmation.

It must have been @2 a.m. when I called. The AARP agent who answered, a very nice lady, was most helpful. The first thing she did was to apologize for the inconvenience (it was my mistake). She then proceeded to cancel the flight, immediately refund the payment to my bank account, which allowed me to rebook a flight to my preferred distination. The second thing she did was to offer to change my car rental to save me money. Of course, I agreed, and when she changed me from Budget to Alamo, I saved over $60.00 on the four day rental.

I found absolutely NO ripoff, no disception, or anything of the sort. Quite the contrary. I would gladly use AARP's passport service, and have already recommenced it to friends. Thank you for posting my comment.

Most positive experience with AARP/Passport/Travelocity

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)