Complaint Review: AARP United Health Care

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: J. C. — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
AARP United Health Care

AARP United Health Care Is lying the same as fraud? Internet

I recently got a two-week runaround, which is continuing, from th AARP United Health Medicare prescription drug insurer on a price reduction my doctor recommended to them. First they said the
drug, itself, was not authorized. After a week and a half of almost constant calling, they told me it was authorized, but the price reduction (called a tier exception) was a seperate
issue. Through this whole process, my doctor and I used the word in the earlier conversations.

After another week,
they told me the "tier exception" reduction had been approved and the rep did a "trial claim" verification of it while I was on the phone. When I arrived at the
pharmacy today, I was told the price had not been reduced. It was still $95 for
a 30-day supply. Clearly, I cannot afford this.

I have questions for anyone who has information on this issue: which agency
should this be reported to?; does this look like fraud? should I record future
phone conversations with this company? is this company required to allow an
appeal to this ruling? do companies like this have an ombudsperson that runs
interference for customers like me? When I asked for an ombudsperson or a supervisor, they sounded clueless. The persons that came to the phone after my request, were also clueless.

I will be contacting the state and federal agencies that I researched on the
internet starting today about my concerns. But, if someone has additional information, I'd like to be advised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 06:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AARP-United-Health-Care/internet/AARP-United-Health-Care-Is-lying-the-same-as-fraud-Internet-997687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AARP United Health Care