satisfaction

Complaint Review: AARP/The Hartford

• Submitted: Tue, August 02, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 03, 2011

• Reported By: A Dissatisfied Senior — Windsor Locks Connecticut United States of America
AARP/The Hartford
200 Hopmeadow Street Simsbury, Connecticut United States of America

AARP/The Hartford Property & Casualty Ins. Co. of Hartford Taking The Seniors For A Ride ! ! Simsbury, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: That's

I've  been a member of AARP since I was 50 years old, I am 64 now and don't think I will be renewing my membership. I feel that that AARP lead me through their advertising to switch to AARP/The Hartford leading me to believe that their  offering on Auto and Home was going to offer me a pretty good saving.

They did the first year and they offered guaranteed renewal. Over the winter months I did suffer a loss do to ice daming like MANY, MANY other people. The loss was less then $3500.00. My premium for last year was $555. The renewal which I just
received is for $946, whats that a 67% increase.Being a senior, not receiving an increase in 2 years, I cannot afford this kind of a increase. I know that the AARP has no control over The Hartford but I only switched Insurance carriers because of their recommendation. Now at 65 I have to go and look for an carrier because I cannot afford this kind of an increase. I feel that I have been really mislead, if the Insurance agent had even hinted of a POSSIBLE 50% increase if I had a claim within the first year, I know I would have never switched, it wasn't a case that I had to.  We home owners are FORCED by the bank that holds the mortgage on your home to carry insurance, IN CASE OF DAMAGE DONE to the property.  That way we would be able to file a CLAIM to protect the BANK in case of a loss. As a senior on social security, where do I come up with this 67% increase ?     Not take my HEART medicine ??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AARPThe-Hartford/Simsbury-Connecticut-06096/AARPThe-Hartford-Property-Casualty-Ins-Co-of-Hartford-Taking-The-Seniors-For-A-Ride--759626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AARP/The Hartford