Complaint Review: AAmco Transmissions Harbor City

• Submitted: Mon, May 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 01, 2010

• Reported By:los Angeles California
AAmco Transmissions Harbor City
1520 Pacific Coast Highway Harbor City, California U.S.A.

AAmco Transmissions Harbor City ripoff on warrenty My car under warrenty transmission has been fixed 3 times but not permanate by this location Trans is out again owner won't call me back warrenty is almost up $3000 problem Harbor City California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Never denied warranty work - please read details

My transmission has been under warrenty at aamco tranmissions in harbor city for almost three years and it fails at about twice a year and it takes them two to three weeks to repair it each time. Al the owner also operates under the name H.C. transmissions. The warrenty is almost up and 1 day after I had it last repaired under warrenty, the transmission went out the next day.

It seems that they are trying to fix it enough to get past the warrenty expiration date, and now the owner, Al, is not returning my calls. This is about a $3000 problem that has not come to an end, and my car is not worth a dime to be sold in the future because of this ongoing problem. I am a victim of warrenty fraud. Not to mention the money I've missed out on due to no transportaion, as they would not provide a rental car.

Steven
los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2004 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAmco-Transmissions-Harbor-City/Harbor-City-California-90710/AAmco-Transmissions-Harbor-City-ripoff-on-warrenty-My-car-under-warrenty-transmission-has-91765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAmco Transmissions Harbor City

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Never denied warranty work - please read details

AUTHOR: AAMCO OWNER - (United States of America)

Steven,
     We have tried very very hard to reach you by telephone and via mail...we've been unsuccessful.  First I'd like to clear up the H.C transmissions question ? H.C was the corporate name of the previous owners who ran the Aamco Franchise.  Corporations run DBA's all the time, that's all that was.  As far as your warranty is concerned AAmco offered  a standard 6month or a lifetime warranty at that time.  The three year warranties were purchased by the consumers from  car dealerships as a extended warranty policy on their vehicle ( extended warranties).  We work closely with the warranty company when repairing your car.  They authorize the repairs and dictate the time frame for such repairs.  They either provide or don't provide rental allowance in their policies.  We have no control over their warranties, we only work as best as we can to provide the very best costumer service possible.  Every repair has its own set of circumstances, such as field inspectors, repair authorization procedures, parts delay etc.        Every repair no matter how perfect we try to make it or how quick we try to get it done has its own set of circumstances that make it unique.   At the end of the day we have to remember that the mechanics who work on the vehicles are people too, and they are not perfect.........Most of the time we find ourselves correcting or repairing a manufactures problem or defect and please keep in mind, we did not create the problem,,,we are trying to resolve it.   You were never denied warranty service and all repairs were covered as indicated on your warranty repair invoice.  Several times the problems you were having were not warranty related..  We would never turn anyone away for any reason under warranty or not..Please get in touch with us so we may finally put this to rest....Thank You in advance for your future cooperation...Al @ AAMCO