Complaint Review: AAmco

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2007

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
AAmco
5245 Rising Sun Avenue Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

AAmco Transmissions consumer fraud forgery ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I WAS DEFRAUDED ALSO I FEEL YOUR PAIN

*Consumer Comment: unauthorized signature

AAmco Transmissions ripoff, forgery,different price than originally discussed ripoff abused & mistreated consumer fraud ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania .....

My transmission went bad so I started calling around to get quotes on how much it would cost me to be repaired. The general price range out of 4-5 places I called was from $100-$1500.

My husband and I decided to let AAmco fix the transmission because we heard they had a good reputation. Bob The gentleman that I spoke with told me taht he didn't know how much it would be , but in his own words "The worse case scenerio would be 1500 dollars plus tax to rebuild the transmission.

I said fine. he called me back and explained that our case was"the worse case scenerio". He asked did we want the job done and explained taht if we didn't get any work done it would still cost 595 dollars for labor. So we said ok. He asked me for my birth date to start the work and I agave it to him.

Bob told us that the car would be ready on Thusday July 3rd and it was. When My husband , My brother and I got there he stated that the job was no longer 1500 dollars , but now 1926 dollars. We became upset, my brother asked for an itemized receipt and then WE WERE TOLD TO GET OUT. My brother said well give her something in writting so they gave us a quote paper, which a few minutes later had been forged with my signature. We didn't know what to do so when my brother got us home we called the police and made a report. So here Me and my family sit on a holiday weekend unable to go to the shore like we normally do.

Myra
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAmco/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/AAmco-Transmissions-consumer-fraud-forgery-ripoff-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-62730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAmco

I WAS DEFRAUDED ALSO I FEEL YOUR PAIN

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

I WAS RIP OFF BY AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS 1027 EAST GUNHILL ROAD BRONX NY

WHEN YOU DISCOVER THEIR LIES THEY BEGIN TO THREATEN YOU.

I WAS LURED WITH THE HOPES OF RECEIVING A FREE ESTIMATE AND THEY CHARGE
ME $600.00 AND THEN THEY SAID I WAS TOLD I WAS GETTING A FREE EDS FOR $39.99. WITHOUT DISCLOSING ANY FEES. THIS FRANCHISE IS OUT OF CONTROL.
CONTACT THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY AND YOUR LOCAL CONGRESSMAN ABOUT THIS ONGOING PROBLEM THATS TAKING PLACE THROUGH OUT MANY STATES.

INFORM FAMILY FRIENDS WHO ARE MOTORIST TO AVOID AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS.

unauthorized signature

AUTHOR: TRANZMN - (U.S.A.)

Myra~~~~~~~~did you get anything in writing "prior" to the repair being done as to the amount of the repair?~~~This seems to be a classic~~~~~~~start low finish high~~~~~a signature on the price can be forged, by telephone records date/time cannot be~~~~~Myra if your phone bill will reflect this you may have a way to prove the forgery~~~unless the writing is so much different than the way you write~~~~then this would be something for the DA. to look at~~~~This sounds like a real grey area~~~~please~~~~~~make sure they write down the warranty and conditions and exclusions to warranty repair~~~~~~~and by who and a signature~~~~you may need it in the future~~~~~~~THE TRANZMN