• Report: #20562

• Submitted: Thu, May 09, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, May 10, 2002

• Reported By:Grand Rapids Mi
AB ENERGIZER
5315 LINDBERGH LANE , BELL,, California U.S.A.

AB ENERGIZER is a ripoff scam. BELL, California

*Consumer Suggestion: It only gets worse.

AB ENERGIZER, I SENT MY FAULTY AB ENERGIZER BACK TO THE COMPANY, AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND SINCE 2/21/02.

I ordered an Ab Energizer late January and received it on 1/25/02. The product came a week later and the money was taken from my account immediately. Well after 2 weeks the product became faulty and I called to get find out how to get a refund. Well I tried to call the 800 number ( 800-457-0825 ) and actually sat on the phone for 75 minutes one time out of 12 calls.

So now I have a number that nobody will answer and it leaves me a web site to contact with any problems. So I write the web site and the response to my e-mail was that they just make the product and that I need to contact another merchant and that my credit card company would know the name of the merchant. I spent the money to send the product back to the company which I know received the product because I had it tracked and it was signed for on 2/21/02 at 10:35 a.m. !!!

I just want my money back, is that to much to ask for from the people at Ab Energizer ??? They say that there is another merchant involved and the only name on the box or any of the lit. that came with the product is Ab Energizer. What kind of merchant goes undisclosed during a transaction. I work for a company that makes products for merchants and the party that distributes the product puts the name out front and on the line for the products they sell. This shell game should not be allowed to happen to the American consumer !!!!!!

John
Grand Rapids, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2002 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AB-ENERGIZER/BELL-California-90201/AB-ENERGIZER-is-a-ripoff-scam-BELL-California-20562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AB ENERGIZER

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It only gets worse.

AUTHOR: TheFraudChick@aol.com - ()

It only gets worse.

To make matters worse the Federal Trade Commission went public today with their findings that these devices are unfit for consumers.

This week federal regulators filed lawsuits in California and Nevada against the manufacturers and distributors of these contraptions. The FTC claims that AB Energizer, Ab Tronic and Fast Abs engaged in false advertising. Laboratory testing showed that these devices did not build up muscle or burn away fat. They merely send a shock wave through ski and fat layers.

If a consumer has a fat or bloated gut the shock waves dont even reach the muscles and the individual simply receives a systematic troublesome and often painful shock. If the user already has a flat abdomen the device can cause the muscle to contract with its shocks, but wont build or develop the muscle.

The company you purchased the product from may be up to its ears in legal notices and may not be able to pay you. If you paid by credit card I suggest you file a charge back and send the product back.

Good Luck!