Complaint Review: ABC Appliance Warehouse

• Submitted: Fri, March 10, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:
ABC Appliance Warehouse
5744 S Pennsylvania Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

ABC Warehouse Rip Off Artists

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not true

*UPDATE Employee: abc is a ripoff to work for too

Purchased a 'new' washing machine for christmas. When the box was opened, a HUGE dent was crushing the control panel. Upon calling the store manager, they would not replace the washer, they wanted to FIX it. I wanted an new washer NOT a REFURBISHED one. During my attempts to have a replacement issued to me, the manager revealed the REAL secret he said " we won't send another one because we know the next one we send will have a dent in it also and then I'll have to sell them as floor/refurbished models...." He also advised me the stores policy IS "BUYER BEWARE" they have this 1-800-Heart-line number that is supposed to help out.. but all it does is refer you to the store manager. They refused to take the thing back and refused to return my money as well.

I was unable to sue because the Laws of the STATE OF MICHIGAN allow the companies to "fix" appliances after shipment. Even if the seller is negligent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Appliance-Warehouse/Lansing-Michigan-48911/ABC-Warehouse-Rip-Off-Artists-1534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Appliance Warehouse

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

not true

AUTHOR: Gaff Man - (U.S.A.)

the first person is right we will try to service a piece b-4 we send a new unit (any company would) .
if the piece cannot be fixed then we replace it, however i seriously doubt that any store manager would be stupid enough to say that we don't replace it because the next one we send you will be dented too. as for the stock guy that is trash talking his job, if he hates it so much why don't he quit. i used to be a stock guy and all we did all day was sit in the back,listen to music, and wait for a stock release (it was easy). at the abc i was at last the stock guys were just lazy and thought everyone else should do their job. this is probably one of those guys.

abc is a ripoff to work for too

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

I work for an ABC warehouse in OHIO it is a nasty job and the managers care about the money more than the workers and consumers. They have 3 stiock people who must carry out frigs and unstack washers,dryers ane ranges which are stacked 2 high and can way up too 200 pds. When you ask for help they say do it yourself are you can quit. Consumers aren't the only ones who lose when buying from ABC warehouse.I have seen people get fired from a store because they lowr prices for people who canno't afford pieces. Also i have seen cases of bait and switch like when a piece is on sale and a salesperson gets wrote up when they sale that piece. Also I have seen people get fired for being family with someone when the upper management is all related like father and son and brother and sister. Its not far but they don't care they tell thier employess to sue them they have attornys who do nothing but fight claims.